Entry 4

Long time no see, readers.

Well, actually, neither of us has seen each other at all. Our entire lives never exchanging glances or intestines. I hope.

I'm sure you're all wondering about Marcus. That gruesome, soulless, intriguing, beautiful Marcus. I'll get to him later.

I got a cat!! Or more along the lines of, a cat keeps coming around to where I live and I've been feeding and petting her. I put this adorable pink collar on her- OH and it even has this precious little jingle bell!

The homeless man who shoots up heroin in the old, rusted garbage bin all day suggested I call her Snowball (because of her white fur).

I told him that the name was completely cliché and ridiculous. I named her Ghostie instead. Isn't that such a cute name!?

Richie, the homeless man, mentioned she may even be pregnant! I cant wait to take care of Ghostie along with her little paranormal babies in the future!

My brother, Liu, has been checking up on me recently.

"You need to start moving around again," He said a few days back. He was scratching underneath Ghostie's chin as she purred and nuzzled his hand. "Those entries were a stupid idea, Jeff. People are looking everywhere for your apartment. They're looking for the mysterious Marcus as well."

I waved him off. "Don't be absurd. I'm being perfectly safe. Richie's been living here for a long time and no one's ever found him." I turned towards the bin and called out, "Isn't that right, Richie?"

His grunt echoed out from the metal box in reply.

My brother, my naïve younger brother shook his head. "Jeff, you're health hasn't exactly been perfect over these past few years. You become easily... Obsessive over small things."

Can you believe him!? SMALL he says. SMALL? Marcus is not a SMALL thing. You've all read my last entry. You have to agree someone needs to look into it. Someone intelligent, quick on their feet who knows what to look for. I am the perfect investigator for this!

Jeez it's like he doesn't know anything.  Ooooo I wanted to hurt him right there! How could he be so blind!?

But, he is my younger and only brother. So I kept my cool, took some deep breathes. And screamed at him to get out.

I'm sure he'll be back next week. He's super duper interested in what's going on, and I can't blame him. Middle aged man, missing in the middle of daylight! Like some sort of alien abduction. Of course I know it's Marcus.

That's right! I was going to tell you about Marcus!

I've been watching him primarily, for entire days usually. Hour after hour watching my pale abductor plan his next heist.

It's not very interesting during the day. He sits hunched over his laptop and surfs the web or watches porn. His skinny body un-moving from the position for hours is so tiring. But at night, that's what coaxes me to come and watch. 

He sets up animal traps in the woods behind his house. Each night Marcus silently slips through the back door, makes his way through his cute little nature path, and guts his found critter friends. Really gets into it, taking his slender hands and slipping it into the animal's squishy red insides and slowly tearing out the goodies inside. 

In his journal- yes, the idiot has a journal. I mean, come on. Obviously making old men disappear is a risky situation. But if you keep a documentation on it all you're just asking to be caught an sentenced to death. 

Anyway, in his journal, he described it as practice, or "desensitization". This is so what's left of his morality will be diminished when he decides to cut those men into pieces. 

I've read other parts of his journal as well and I have to say I am not impressed. All that boy does is complain, complain, complain. I could barely get through it all! Talk about stereotypical emo victims. I despite the detail of explanation and planning I couldn't find a single sentence hinting at why he's going through all of this. The question has been digging deep and grinding against my bones like sandpaper.

I've also been keeping up on police activity and the investigation with the missing man. Marcus is almost as clever as me, they're not even close to suspecting him. 

I figured that should put a final close to my decision. I'll be confronting Marcus soon and finally see what that little fuckers up to. 

I can't wait. 

-Jeff the Killer, June 5th