The Stone

Vanity

The twins waltzed down the isle of the parkway with smug smiles dancing across their faces. They were Len and Rin Kagamine, with an iron fist they ruled over the Gem Kingdom and controlled all beneath them. Leaves swept around their feet as people two at a time bowed at their sides making Rin's smile grow even brighter.

"M-Miss Princess K-Kagamine?" a small boy no older the seven ran out in front of the two twins. The people surrounding the walkway gasped and cowered, putting their faces to the ground. 

Len and Rin had ruled this kingdom so fiercely, they were convinced that not even god was greater than them. Rin always made very clear if you step over the line your gone, and will never be seen again. Len on the other hand preferred simple banishment to a third world country which by the way, is where his brother was after finding out about what he did to his betrothed. This truth made him and his sister evil and vain.

"WHAT!?" both twins yelled together. The little boy was positively terrified by their voices. "What could a little runt like you want with beauty like us?!" Rin continued glaring down at him.

"T-t-t-th-th-theres a-a m-m" he stuttered through shaking lips.

"Well spit it out!" Len hissed. People that lined the walkway slowly backed up also shaking like the sun had gone away, though for this village they had no sun to be happy even if it hung lonely in they sky. Why, if they could, Len and Rin would take the sun and be the new sun because they were convinced there was no one greater.

Unable to speak, beneath the shadow of Rin the boy pointed a shaking hand towards the front gates. Familiar purple yet matted hair sung in the breeze and eyes deep purple pierced the twins. His white and purple robe, dirtied with grass and leaves swayed as he held a sword out.

"Gakupo!" Len stepped forward in front of Rin with an evil glow in his crystal blue eyes. All the people ran back by the houses for fear of what was to come.

Ever since the twins took over the peasants of the town knew who Kaumi Gakupo was, Len had him banished when Sakura explained to Rin why she smelled like lavender blood. Rin, being his full sister unlike Kaumi being his half brother, was upset at Kaumi and with all of the kingdom watching them they banished him together. Kaumi begged and pleaded and asked for love from his siblings only to have Len reply "I have no love for sluts" and left at that.

"Don't call me by my first name! Its Kaumi to you Kagamine!" he sneered hawking the stone wall. He began to walk forward with his katana pointed stright at the little boy and a mad smile teasing the edge of his chapped lips. "Want this boy to die?! Give me what I want and he lives!" the mother of the little boy, lost in the crowd, screamed bloody murder begging Kaumi to stop. "Your people call to stop! Give me who I want!!" he screamed, being consumed by the madness of his lust.

"Puh~lease!" Rin scoffed "As if we cared about some ugly little boy with ratty hair and torn overalls!" Len joined in her laughter. Kaumi stared blankly at the two twins before him putting the tip of the katana to the boys throat. There joking right! That's cruel even for them! 

The little boy backed up feeling the cold metal tip of the katana on his damaged skin. Kaumi watched the two laugh at his ignorance. With anger controlling his hands he slashed through the soft spongy skin of the boy splashing his blood to the ground at Rin and Len's feet. Their laughter abruptly stopped and looked down at the mess of what was once a living boy. His blood smeared up on her bright yellow dress staining the bright fringe and lace up to her waist.

"My...DRESS!" she screamed, horrified by the blood that caked her dress. Rin looked up at him ready to kill him.

Len sensed her thoughts and patted her shoulder. "My dear sister..." he gave a small chuckle earning an evil glance from her "You have already one this battle! Look! He has matted hair, chapped lips, dirt all over him, and just look at his nails! But you have perfect completion and shinny hair, and a lovely bloody dress!" Len smiled at his sister.

Kaumi stared Rin down with an evil smile "And a lovely body" he stepped back putting his katana at his side. 

"So I guess I'm just better than you!" a mad smile crossed both twins faces "Your just an ugly merchant and I am a goddess!!" Rin began to laugh uncontrollably at the thought of being better than an ex prince. 

Kaumi backed up into the stone wall by the gate. He stared fearfully at the vain monsters before him laughing their fool heads off. With quick thinking he jumped back slamming into the weakened part from when he hit the wall, stones came tumbling down around him towards the twins. None of the stones seemed to hit the twins except for a yellow gem which slowly rolled to Len's feet.

Len bent down, sweeping his golden hair from his eyes and gently picked up the large gem. He rolled it through his fingers with a slight smile and held it up to the light. The yellow coloring glowed bright in the white sun light.

"Looks like we have a decoration to match our beauty" Rin smiled. Blood that ran up the front of her dress slowly dried turning from bright red to a deep dark crimson.

"Get lost and take your gay little flower with you" Len sighed pointing at the purple flower tangled with in Kaumi's hair. Quickly, Kaumi obeyed and dashed off towards the dark gem forest beyond the gates.

"What a nuisance" Rin stated kicking the boys body to the side. Len smiled at her remark and he carried his gem in his arms to their castle.

The Stone...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hey my little teacups! I have finished Vanity! Next is Envy! What Vocaloid do you think will represent Envy? :D I hope you liked it and I didn't make Len and Rin too creepy... o.o When I was editing this I was reading over it going "What the fuck did I write?!" Cause apparently I was really tired when I wrote this xD

~Ciel__Phantomhive