Over&Dry

Mitch sat on the couch. Eyes straight forward and heart beating slowly in his chest. The tear stains on his cheeks have been dry for hours now but his body hasn't moved. How is he supposed to move? How do you function after something like this happens?

Kirstin left a while ago. Mitch didn't notice until he blinked and there wasn't a flash of blonde beside him. He didn't care, honestly. He wanted to be alone right now. But he really didn't either.

He sniffled, wiped his dry eyes, and stood. He nearly collapsed, when was the last time he stood? The last time he moved? He looked down at the black dress on his legs. Oh yeah. This morning. His throat was dry but he barely cared. Everything was dry. Eyes. Throat. Emotion. Heart. He didn't care. What was there to care for?

Why did he stand? Oh yeah, knock on the door. He walked slowly. Another knock. "Mitch?" He swung the door open and was met with a teary eyed Connie and Rick.

His eyes were still dry.

"It's over." Mitch's voice came out scratchy and uneven, barely above a whisper.

"It is." Rick only nodded his head, holding his wife close. Connie was crying and Mitch wanted to run away. He wanted to hide. To scream. He can't scream. He's too dry.

"Mitch-" Connie let out a sob, engulfing the small boy in her arms. "I'm so sorry." She said. She said it over and over. Mitch was positive he never wanted to hear it again.

"He's over." Mitch could feel his eyes sting. He was still dry.

"He's not over, son." Rick said and Mitch shot him a glare.

"I'm not- You're- He's over." Mitch pushed Connie off him and out the door. The door was slammed. Mitch crumpled. He was still dry.

Mitch smoothed out his dress, staring at his black Dr. Marten's and shaking his head back and forth.

"He's not over." The idea seemed outlandish. He's over. That's what happens when-

"He's not over." Mitch scrambled up, running to his bedroom. Not his bedroom, but his. It smells like him. Mitch wanted to vomit. He ran to the bathroom. And he did.

He wretched into the toilet for what felt like hours. Until he was dry. Head to toe.

Dry.

Mitch stared at himself in the bathroom mirror for a long time. He had always been ugly. Never as attractive as him. "He's not over."

Mitch lumbered to his room again, pinching his nose as he did. He looked around, his heart falling to his feet. The grabbed the picture. He crumpled it and shoved it into his shoe. He sat down at the computer, looking at the keyboard and nicely organized office supplies around it.

He remembered.

He remembered being yelled at for looking for a pen. He remembered him cleaning the workspace all the time. He hated mess. He lifted the Beyonce book from the table top, flipping the pages aimlessly. He hugged it to his chest, closing his dry eyes. Mitch put the book back down, exactly where he picked it up from.

So sad, sad, sad.

He wiggled the mouse, the screen coming to life. He cringed at the background image, closing his eyes tightly. Mitch didn't open his eyes until he realized how hard he'd been squeezing the mouse. His fingers were purple. He took a breath. And another. He typed in the password without looking up. He can't.

The Adobe Premier screen popped up. He had been in the middle of editing a video. Mitch wanted to run again. Run so far away. He clicked the play button, his eyes focused down as the time marker moved. "My name is Loooooove." His voice spoke and Mitch looked up, watching as his friend looked straight at him. He never noticed.

"And my name is Barfing." Mitch laughed in the video, faking puking noises.

"Why do you hate Valentines day so much?" He asked the virtual Mitch, his broad shoulders bumping Mitch's.

"I hate emotions." Mitch said, looking at him, "I'm more into the... Physical aspect of a relationship." He said, pretending to tackle him back onto the bed they were both sitting on.

Mitch stopped the video, unable to watch any more. His chest ached. They had just recorded this on Valentines day. Never did he think he would be sitting here two days later.

Mitch screamed when his phone rang. He kept screaming. He screamed until the ringing ended. He felt dry. But he finally wasn't. He finally cried. Tears ran down his cheeks as heart wrenching sobs fell from his cracked lips.

"He's over." Mitch cried. "He's over."

-----

IM SORRY

it's short idec i didn't wanna drag it out and it's rushed oh i hate it

i love uuuuuu stay safe <3

-payyy