A Mistake.

The water was obviously too cold. I turned the knob up a bit, and it was perfect. I stood there and let my body soak in the hot water.

If only I could fix my problems that way. By turning a knob.

I pushed the thought away.

I was run down and sore from the night before. The battle practices lasted all night, so my body was aching from pain.

I slowly got everything together, ready to take the four and a half hour drive to the camp.

    I stood at the line at the entrance forever...

"What's the holdup?" People were screaming. They were boys. All of them. I was alone. It wasn't like I was not used to being the only girl. It was always that way.

They brought me to a battle camp when my parents were killed in a bombing. I was trained for seven years of my life-

To do this.

To go to this camp. Its finally time. I'm doing it.

"Athena Elizabeth Snape?"

I pushed to the front of the line.

"That's me sir." I responded.

The old man didn't look up.

"And you are-  A girl?" He sounded like it was a joke.

"Yes." I responded. "This is my entree form." I handed him the green slip of paper.

Still not looking at me, he shouted across the booth, "Told you Athena wasn't a boy's name! Its a real girl. Standing right in front of me."

A taller, younger man approached us with a concerned look on his face.  "This is a mistake." He said quickly, pushing the green piece of paper back toward me, "Please leave."

I ignored the man and walked into the camp.

Right away, an arrow stabbed me in the back.

Boys.

I was used to them.

I ignored the pain and walked silently towards cabin seven. The cabin that I was assigned to for the 14 years I would be staying here for.

Everyone's eyes burned into my back as I walked.
I was a girl after all. I knew.