Session 7

03/29/2014

Dr. Valentine Greuscu has been contracted by the Tennessee Department of Corrections (TDoC)to perform a thorough psychological investigation of convicted murderer, Jeremy Popescu. The subject is a 25 year old Caucasian male, brown hair, 5 feet 7 inches in height, weighing approximately 170 lbs. The subject's medical records show a history of Schizophrenia with violent tendencies. The "Objective" of Dr. Gruescu's medical evaluation is to determine if the subject is fit to stand trial for his crimes. At this time, Dr. Greuscu is unaware of the nature of the crimes committed in order to complete an unbiased medical decision for the TDoC.

The evaluation will be conducted over a period of six days, one session per day, consisting of no more than forty-five minutes per session. Let it be known that if a decision can be made on the subject's ability to stand trial prior to the six session, a second opinion may be made by request to the TDoC to support or challenge Dr. Gruescu's decision. There will be NO MORE than six sessions. Failure to produce definitive results upon the conclusion of Session 6 will result in inadmissibility of the evidence gathered from Dr. Greuscu's medical analysis.

The study will take place in the Department of Corrections with the following personnel authorized to be present:

1. Dr. Valentine Greuscu, Psychologist.

2. Shannon Pierson, RN

3. Belinda Lee, Legal Stenographer

4. Jason Morgan, Corrections Officer

Sessions must begin no later than 4/1/2014 and will be given a deadline of 4/20/2014.

Sincerely,

William E. McIntyre

Senior State Prosecutor

State of Tennessee

William E. Mcintyre

04/01/2014 Dr. Valentine Greuscu

Session 1

6:47 AM

Personnel Present -

Dr. Valentine Greuscu

Nurse Shannon Pierson

Belinda Lee, Audio and Typed Records for TDoC

Jason Morgan, Corrections Officer / Guard

Greuscu: The day is Tuesday, April 1st 2014. Under request from the Tennessee Department of Corrections, I will be undergoing a series of evaluations to determine whether the subject, Jeremy Popescu, is fit to stand trial in a court of law for crimes unknown to me at this time. I have been instructed to attempt to gain the subject's trust and allow him to confide in me over his actions in a recent incident which has put him into this situation. The subject is a twenty-five year old white male. Confirmed history of Schizophrenia with violent tendencies. The subject has no recorded medications on file in which he has been treated with. Authorities have stated his mood is classified as "highly agitated" and "fearful." Attempts to restrain subject have been met with high resistance. Please bring in Mr. Popescu.

Officer Morgan enters the room with the subject, Jeremy Popescu. Popescu is visibly shaking. His eyes seem to be unable to stay focused and are scanning the room nonstop. It is apparent that he is under immense anxiety as his fingers are moving rapidly within his wrist restraints. He is forcibly seated in the chair adjacent to Dr. Greuscu. He appears to be casting his eyes down and is not making eye contact with any personnel. RN Pierson is asked to take his vital signs. As she approaches the subject, he instantly changes demeanor and begins wailing his arms at her. Pierson is hit in the nose due to the flailing of the subject's arms. She is instructed to step away. Morgan steps forward and places the subject in leg restraints and arm restraints on the chair.