Clowning Around

Author's Note: me and @WierdCreative15 were talking and it have me an idea for this story..

______________________________

October 31st, 2003

Me and my daughter, Lilly, who is six and as happy as a little girl could be.

We were walking along. She was dressed as a princess, I allways called her "My little Princess," and I guess she took that to heart.
Everyone who asked who she was she would day "I'm Daddy's little Princess." and i couldn't help but feel overjoyed.

Lilly and I were walking home after a long night of trick-or-treating when she just, quit walking.

At this time we were on Oakwood Avenue, a small road just off of highway 23.

She looked in the alleyway between the city bank and one of the many annual haunted houses.

She said "look daddy, a clown!" when I looked over the only thing I saw was a darkened mirror at the end of the allyway. I didden't think anything of it, either just an actor for the haunted house or just her imagination.

I replied to her "Very cool Sweetie," or something along the lines of that. And we were on our way.

***

Me and my wife had broken up three years prior. So I had Lilly every Weekend. So by the time we went to sleep that night, I had compleatly forgotton that Lilly was leaving tomorrow..

***

November 1st, 2003

My eyes squinted open. I looked up at the clock, it read 11:46 AM.

"Perfect," I said to myself "Jess is going to be pissed."

I walked over to the closet and put on some clothes. I didden't have time to pay attention to what I was wearing, so I can't tell you even if I tried.

I walked out of my bedroom and into the living area. There sat my daughter, wearing her princess costume from last night, eating a chocolate fudge Pop-Tart and watching Spongebob-Squarepants.

"You ready to go to mommy's Sweetie?"

"Yay! I'll go get my purse!" Lilly yelled out

She sprinted to her bedroom and came Bach with a small, black, tote bag that her mother had given her as a gift.

"I'm all ready." she said

We walked out of the door, over to the stairway, and started walking down.

"What are you going to do all week honey?" I asked

"On Wednesday I'm going to work with mommy!"

"Cool!" I replied to her.

We had walked down all the stairs and now we were in the lobby of my apartment building.

Me and Lilly started walking down the street to her mothers building. Once again Lilly had stopped in her tracks

"Daddy, look! The clown again" and she pointed up to the third story of a random building.

And, once again I hadn't seen anything in any of the Windows.

"Ok princess, lets keep going." I said

At this point we were very close to Jessica's as we were walking in the doors that lead to the lobby, the elevator door opened and my ex-wife walked out.

"Your late Mathew," she said with a hint of disgust in her voice, "your late."

"Sorry Jessica, we were out la-"

"I don't want to hear it." she interupted

"Just leave."

***

"That night I was pissed. She didden't even let me day goodbye to Lilly. And I know that makes me sound suspicious, but I would never even think of killing my wife, much less my daughter" I said, looking up at the judge

"I find Mathew Green Innocent by reason of insanity" said the judge

A lawyer took his phone out of his pocket and turned on the front-facing camera

I looked at the dimmed screen to see the blood splatered face of a clown, looking back at me

"No, it, its impossible!"