treinte y ocho

it's 10:06 pm, september 13, 2016

four days before our nine month friendiversary.
i'm currently crying, listening to roslyn by. bon iver
and i wanted to write this letter early since i won't
be here on saturday to write it then.

let's start off with;
i'm so lucky to have you in my life, jay. you make life easier to conquer. your jokes, your memes, your compassion, your caringness ( idk if that is a word ) etc.
you make me happy, you make me smile. you're my best friend. i don't think i've ever loved someone as much as i love you, smol bean. you've been there for so much and i couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime.

this will most likely be pretty sappy; here we go —

january 17th, 2016
possibly the best day of my life, other than the day lailey ( og ) became real. i was sitting at my friends house and i decided i wanted to make some friends. i messaged you and maybe five other people and you instantly replied, ranting about your chocolate and how your mom wouldn't let you eat any for dinner. i remember staying up until 4 am with you ( the original plan was to stay up until 8 but unfortunately, i was a weak bean and i passed out ) we basically just traded memes. i also remember us changing our lockscreens to matching malum ones.

january 26th, 2016
i distinctly remember this day because it was calum's birthday and i was going to the museum of science. that morning, you sent me this meme;

 that morning, you sent me this meme;

yes i still have it, fight me. we talked all day and it was amazing.

february 14th, 2016
we were eachothers valentine. even though the WHOLE day you were complaining about how much you wanted to date your crush, it was amazing.

april 9th, 2016
the first time we facetimed. i was with julianna and we were eating pizza. i was quizzing you guys on twenty øne pilots songs, you won by 1 point, therefore, winning all of my love. you ranted about your fish and how you had no idea how he was still alive. we stayed on that videochat until about two a.m. , leaving us both tired asf.

april 23rd, 2016
you talked me out of suicide. we made our promise. a promise stronger than any other i have ever made. i am not planning on breaking that promise, not again.

no specific date, 2016
you taught me spanish. you sent me phrases in spanish and i would try to put them into english. it is easily my favourite game. i'm going to ask you to play in a minute. my favourite sentences are the ones you send when you're mad, like yesterday you sent me one that said " i hate sknal so much they should eat my dogs shit " or something like that but i relate.

today, september 13, 2016
i realized how much you mean to me. without you, life wouldn't be the same. life would be plain boring and lame. you add the little spark i need, you're always there for me and you always encourage me. plus, i can act like myself with you, no matter how weird of a topic i need to talk about.

i love you so much my babyboy, smol bean, best friend, loser etc. you mean a lot to me and i never want to lose you.
stay strong and remember,

it's you and i against the world. 💘