Chapter 20

(Y/N) slammed the front door closed,sighing deeply as she made her way upstairs..

She threw her bag on the floor,plopping down on her bed..

She looked at her plushies,grabbing her favorite..

Jeremy heard her and walked to her room,slightly opening her door..

She sniffled as she was curling up like a ball,making him open the door wide open,rushing to her..

Jeremy:(Y/N)!princess,what happened?

She looked at him with teary eyes,clinging the plushie..

(Y/N):d-dad..

He wrapped his arms around her,rubbing her back as she wrapped one arm around him..

Jeremy:what happened sweetie..

She sighed,pulling away..

Jeremy:its about Ben or..?

A sick Mike limped towards her door,trying to inhale from the nose..

Mike:who the fuck dared to hurt my girl?

He sneezed as Jeremy rolled his eyes..

Jeremy:go back to bed Mike,i will bring chicken soup when Fritz is done with it..

Mike:no until i know the fucker that messed with my sweetie!

He blew his nose,as she cracked a small smile..

(Y/N):no one messed with me..even if Ben tried something i-!

Mike:what did that blonde fuck tried to do?!

She sat up..

(Y/N):well..you know..but nothing was going to happen..so..

She sighed,looking at her plushie..

(Y/N):its about Kate..

Mike:Kate?

He said,a bit surprised..

(Y/N):the day after the sleepover she had been acting..strange..whenever Ben is around,she would always make an excuse to go somewhere and once Ben was out of sight,she would come back again..

She looked at them..

(Y/N):i feel like we arent friends anymore..she doesnt stand up for me and she is so quiet..she said that she would always be there for me..

Jeremy:so..you and her arent friends anymore?

She lowered her head again..

(Y/N):kind of..i slowly start regretting this..but on the other hand,i feel like she is avoiding me,and hiding me stuff..like she doesnt trust me anymore..

Jeremy sighed,giving a small glance at Mike who had that sick,but also sad face..

Jeremy:want us to leave you a bit alone?

She nodded,and grabbed her pillow..

(Y/N):can you bring me some soup too?

He smiled and nodded,standing up..

~~

It was close to bed time,and (Y/N) didnt leave the room as she wasnt in the best mood..

She had her headphones on as she was listening to some music,looking through her notifications..

Her door opened,and lift her gaze up,looking Scott..

She removed her headphones..

Scott:hey,its almost bed time..

She checked the time and sighed..

He walked towards her bed,sitting there..

Scott:the guys told me about what happened..are you better now?

She shook her head..

(Y/N):not really..

He sighed,running his fingers through his dark brown hair..

Scott:look..when i was at your age,i had social anxiety..i couldnt talk to anyone without panicking and thinking what they will think of me..i wanted to make friends..to have that long lasting friendship..but i always thought i wouldnt have that..until i met,Vincent..

She smiled,slightly sitting up..

Scott:i remember him sitting in the back of the class,next to my seat,telling me a nasty rumor about the teacher..i just nodded and went back to my book,but he continued by introducing himself..i think he is the only person that i talked in the entire school..he tried to help me,to make me more social by introducing me to other people..like Jeremy,Mike and Fritz..

He looked at her,seeing her clinging her pillow..

Scott:now matter how many times Vincent messed it up..in,many ways..he doesnt stop from being my best friend..and if something happened to him,i will ask him and talk to him..and if he hides something i will soon find it out..

She let out a shaky breath,looking at her feet..

Scott:the thing is,you cant destroy a friendship without a real reason,and because she was acting strange isnt a reason,you needed to have talked to her,find out if something happened and tried to help her..and in that case,something happened with Ben apparently..

(Y/N):but i havent seen her talking with him or anything..we are always together..well..at least we try after she would ran away..

Scott:why didnt you follow her?you could always push Ben away because,you two arent together anymore,and go after her..

She sighed,buring her face on the pillow..

Scott:do you miss her?

(Y/N):yes..

Scott:do you miss talking to her about everything?

(Y/N):yes..

Scott:is she your best friend since you two were littles?

She lift her gaze to him,nodding..

(Y/N):y-yes..

She said,with a bit cracking voice as Scott smiled,ruffling her hair..

Scott:you know what you need to do tomorrow..

She slightly smiled,and brought him closer for a hug..

(Y/N):thank you dad..

He hugged back,kissing her forehead..

Scott:always here sweetie..now..

He pulled away,taking the laptop as he placed it on her desk..

Scott:its bed time..

She smiled and got under the covers,as Scott walked towards the door smiling at her,turning the lights off...