Chapter 22

Jada
I stared up at the mural on the ceiling and thought about my father. He didn't deserve to die, I remember everything like it happened yesterday:

My dad and I were in the sky. We were wearing all white, I was in a dress and he was wearing a suit.

"Daddy I'm scared!" I yelled holding onto him tighter.

"Baby let go it's going to be alright."

I shook my head as he started to fade away.

"Don't leave me!" I cried out as the sky faded into darkness.

I opened my eyes and looked around to see my mom and uncles and aunts looking at me. I looked around trying to find my dad but he was nowhere to be found. The look on my mom's face when I asked for him told me something bad had happened and he wasn't coming back.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and continued staring at the ceiling. I felt safe knowing my dad was watching over me. Even though I have a lot of people in my life that care about me they can never fill the whole my dad left behind.

I looked at Justice and kissed her forehead. She giggled and pushed my face away. My phone went off and I looked at the screen. I recognized the number as August's but how did he get my number because I got a new phone. I let it ring until his number disappeared from the screen.

I quickly turned my phone off and tossed it on the bed. I looked down at Justice and smiled. I pushed her hairs off her face and kissed her face.

I put her on the bed next to me and wrapped my arm around her making sure she didn't move. I kissed the back of her head and closed my eyes.