Chapter 18

Dedicated to: Avrysaurus-Rex and PaigeKary! I know I owe many more dedications and I am getting to those! If you look at Chapter 15 and see your name on the picture then you also get a dedication!

*EDITED*

- Alliana's POV -

Dear.... How do I write this? Madame et Monsieur? Mr. And Mrs. Gaunt? Mother and Father? Mom? Dad? Howard? Katrina?

"You need help, Liana?", I look, over at Draco and smile. He has been so supportive lately. I finally had the guts to tell him what was going on and instead of getting mad, he seemed almost... relieved. Like he was expecting worse. After that we had a few meetings with the Order and I even introduced him to the D. A.

Smiling, I show him what's written on the letter. "Dear scribble?", I giggle a bit then grab some new parchment. He sits down behind me with his back to the couch and scoots me against him. I had been sitting on the floor facing the fire. Contemplating whether or not to just floo home and tell them in person.

"Well, Mr. I am so Smart! What do you suggest I write? 'Hey, guys guess what? I know we just met in August and it's only been what - a few months? Well, anyways, I am engaged! Don't worry, he didn't impregnate me!'", he looks at me dumbfounded as I had just said exactly what he thought. "Wait, you can't be serious!"

"There's nothing wrong with that! Simple and straight to the point.", I mentally face palm and sigh. Leaning back I take out my quick - quote quill and have it write for me. I am not good with words so, maybe this over exaggerating, self -thinking quill can do so, itself.

It doesn't take long to finish writing. "Let's read the disaster before it's too late.", I mutter in hopes of encouragement. Instead all I get is a chuckle from Draco. Lifting it up, I read it almost to embarrassed to speak. Cringing, I hand him the letter and cover my face, embarrassed.

"Dear Mother - Mom Father - Dad, Gaunts,

"I am writing to tell you that I have made a big decision to alter my life as we know it. My mind and heart all lead me into the path of romance and more. I am forever in love with Draco oh - so - beautiful Malfoy. In fact, I am so infatuated with this wonderful one of a kind specimen, that I decided to be his number two. In due time, I will be Mrs. Draco Malfoy. I hope you approve of this fiasco!
"Love always,
"Alliana Gaunt - Your Daughter", Draco finishes reading it out loud and I can't stop laughing my head off I'm so embarrassed. "Well, I mean, I am not exactly against you being 'into the path of romance and more' Plus, the description of me is superb. Do, you think we could read this at the wedding?", I can hear his ego rising through every word.

With a smile I pat his leg. "Yeah, because that is how I want to tell my parents that I'm engaged. A wonderful one of a kind specimen proposed to me asking that I be his number two.", he chuckles and I try to be serious but next thing, I know I am busting out laughing and neither one of us can stop.

"Okay okay, what are you going to write then?", Draco finally calmed down enough to talk. I think about it a bit before writing down, what I believe is the true winner.

Dear Friends And Family,
I'm engaged.
Love,
Alliana - Soon To Be Malfoy - Gaunt.

He reads it as I write and smiles. "Very concise. I still say we do the other one.", I giggle and stand. With a deep breath a huff and a puff, I have both of us standing and heading out to the Owlry, to make copies and send the letter's out.

- Katrina Gaunt's POV, A While Later -

"Kitty?", I look over at my beautiful husband as he walks in the room. I don't know if it is the beautiful sun shine out side or his smile but he seems to be glowing more than ever before.

"Yes, my lovely Ray?", he walks over almost dazed and hands me a letter. It has Alliana's handwriting. We may not write often anymore but I'd recognize it any where. Opening, it I grin at the thought of hearing from out daughter and look at him before opening the letter and reading.

Dear Friends And Family,
I'm engaged.
Love,
Alliana - Soon To Be Malfoy - Gaunt.

My baby girl is getting married. I look up at Howard and he is pacing back and forth. Slowly, as if in a trance, I find myself in front of him. He stops and looks into my eyes with such fear and love and excitement, I fall for him all over again.

"Howard, our baby girl is all grown up, and we've only known her for a few months.", He cups my face and kisses my forehead. Trying to calm the tears flowing down my face.

"Oh, Kitty, don't worry. She's a Gaunt. It's in her blood to fall hard and fast for overly attractive people.", he winks at me and I see some of him that hasn't been out for a long time. The young and happy him.

"I love you, Howard Ray Gaunt."

"I love you too, Katrina Alliana Gaunt. My beautiful, beautiful Kitty."