The Interview

*Drew*

Michael's cries for mercy and painful screams filled the air. It was all I could hear for what felt like forever. Then suddenly they just stopped. The door to the shed opened and the guards carried out his blood covered, lifeless body.

The scene replayed over and over. The whole time I could hear something whispering to me 'this is your fault'.

The next thing I knew, Michael's body was set on fire. They burned his bloody corpse until it was nothing but ash and the drops of crimson around it.

This is your fault.

Suddenly I was in somebody's arms as they held my shaking body. I was sobbing more than ever.

"It was just a dream." They whispered to me. I recognized it as Zayn's voice. "It was just a dream." He repeated.

A couple minutes later, I had no tears left in me. I was trembling as I pulled myself away from Zayn's bare chest. I realized I was in his room, in his bed. Memories of being carried in here flooded into my mind, but that's all I could remember.

"Are you alright?" Zayn asked me.

"Get away from me." I said coldly, moving to the opposite side of the bed.

"Drew, it was only a dream." He tried to assure me.

"It wasn't! You killed him!" I exclaimed. "Just leave me alone."

"I can't do that." He shook his head. "It's late and you've got a long day ahead of you tomorrow. So please just go back to bed."

"No. Not with you." I said stubbornly.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around me, easily pulling me against his chest despite my attempts to get away from him.

Why the hell is he so damn strong? I know I don't have much muscle, but it's like it doesn't even affect him when I fight back. It seems like he doesn't even notice my futile attempts to get away.

"It's because I'm a vampire, love." He answered my unspoken question.

"Get out of my head." I muttered, rolling over so I wasn't facing him, even though he still had his arms around me.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist." He said and chuckled.

"Well, it's incredibly rude and annoying, just like the rest of your personality." I told him.

"You didn't say that when I saved your life from the werewolves." He replied.

"Sometimes I wish you didn't save me life. I wish you would've let me die there." I said honestly.

*Zayn*

That hurt.

I lay there in silence with Drew in my arms. Her heartbeat slowed down, letting me know that she was asleep. I loosed my grip on her and sat up to admire the sleeping beauty in my arms.

Her caramel colored locks were still in a ponytail. I gently took it down, knowing it probably wasn't comfortable to sleep in. I couldn't see her blue eyes because they were closed, but I imagined how gorgeous they were.

Her eyes never seem to be the same color. Sometimes they can be a baby blue and other times they turn dark like the ocean. I haven't quite figured out why, but I think I will eventually.

I sighed and planted a kiss on her cheek, knowing this was the only time I could kiss her. If she was awake, she wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

"I'm sorry." I sighed again and sunk back into the mattress, pulling her closer against my bare chest again. "I wish I could make things better. I never wanted you to know what it feels like to be bitten. I didn't want this to happen to you. I'm sorry."