Chapter Three

"Who's hungry?! I bought some food for you lazy assholes," Troy hollered as he came in the front door

"YASSSSS! I love you so much," Ian said while snatching away the bag of food.

"What did you get us?" said a yawning Draco.

"Nothing much, none of the stores are open, so I just bought some McDonalds for you guys."

All of them had gathered at the dining table.

"Hey Zach, there's a letter in the mailbox. I took it out, so it's on the coffee table," Troy added.

"A letter? I never use this address for anything," Zach replied.

"Maybe it's from your mom?" Draco piped in while munching on his fries.

"Hey, what century do you live in? We have phones now," Zach said while walking to the living room to retrieve the letter.

He tore the letter open.

"Hmm, it's a letter from Ed. It says:

Troy snatched the letter from Zach and read it

Troy snatched the letter from Zach and read it. His eyes suddenly widened.

"No way," he whispered out.

The rest of them are curious.

"What? What's wrong with the letter?" Zach asked.

"Look at all the first letter of the lines. And look, why does Edmund uses his first name if he hates it? Also, the M and E looks bold to me. If you combine it, it spells..."

"H-E-L-P-M-E..." Zach continued.

"I'm sure that's just a coincident. I mean, this is Edmund we're talking about! He knows how to take care of himself. You're just being paranoid," Dylan tried to ease the tension.

"But, what if this is real and he needs our help?" Draco questioned.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the case. If he doesn't come back in the afternoon then we decide what to do," Troy decided.

"For now, let's just relax and go to the beach. I've been dying to surf those beautiful waves," Ryder said with a grin.

But even with all the comforting words, Zach's brain couldn't block out all the worst case scenarios that could happen to Edmund.

'I really hope you're okay, Ed.'

"It's already 10 and Ed's still not back

"It's already 10 and Ed's still not back."

Ian looked at Zach who was pacing back and forth while mumbling to himself.

"Relax, Zach. Ed's a big boy, he could take care of himself."

"But what if what we thought was real? What if he really needs our help? He never went out without telling us. I'm really worried," he looked at Ian with sad eyes.

Ian took a deep breath and thought for a while. He couldn't deny the fact that Zach just said. It was true, Edmund is the most responsible person he had ever met.

"I think we should discuss this with the others," Ian said to Zach, "They're in the game room."

They entered the game room and saw everyone there.

"Guys, Zach thinks Ed's in deep trouble."

Though, nobody heard Ian talking as they were too engrossed in whatever they're playing.

"GUYS! DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT IAN JUST SAID?!" Zach screamed out, unable to control his anger.

That seemed to work when everyone suddenly stopped their games and blinked at Zach, who was fuming and Ian beside him.

"I said, Zach thinks that Edmund is in deep shit and we need to figure out what happened to him," Ian repeated his line.

"And now, I would really appreciate it if you guys come to the living room to discuss this,"Ian pleaded.

Each of them sat on the sofas silently. No one dared to make a sound.

"Well, first of all, I think what Troy said about the letter is true : Ed was trying to seek help. Who knows where he may be?" Zach broke the silence.

Dylan, being the wisest one said, "I for one, think that he went to the 'haunted house'. He looked so obsessed about it."

"You surely wouldn't think that we should go into that house, right?" Draco said nervously, "I mean, you said it's haunted right? What if something happens to us?"

"What if something happens to Edmund ?" Zach countered.

"If we really are going to that house, which is stupid. It would be more stupid to go now, in the middle of the freaking night," Ryder interrupted.

"We should go next morning, when all of us have much clearer minds to do this," he continued.

They nodded before each of them rose and went into their rooms.

What would be awaiting them next morning?

"This is getting interesting," the woman smiled at the vision of the boys discussing.

"You're finally getting it. Come, I'm waiting."

AUTHOR'S NOTE Who's that creepy ass woman? *wink wink*

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Who's that creepy ass woman? *wink wink*

So, so sorry about the late update, just passed a pretty big examination.

Please continue to send us love! ♡♡
Comment, vote and do whatever you need!

Do comment if there's any part that is weird because I really don't have time to re-read it because I know everyone is eager to know the next part.

Stay mysterious.
Love,
your favourite pair of writers,
Nawal and Cammie.