Epilogue

The pitter patter of the rain on the car distracted Quinn as she tried to drive. It was coming down hard and the windshield wipers weren't fast enough to keep up with the downpour. She noticed most people have pulled over to wait out the rain, but she had to keep going. Her mother wouldn't understand; she never did. It would be wise to wait it out, but it was dark and she was losing time. The rain was coming down harder. As she drove, switching into a lower gear, a large piece of hail smashed onto the hood of her car. Quinn screamed out and swerved, the car taking control and heading into the ditch. She couldn't stop it. The airbags deployed but Quinn was already through the windshield, breathing in short, quick gasps.

Blood seeped from her numerous wounds, flesh stung by glass and her mind struck with one thought. I'm going to die... It was all she could think of. Everything started going black. The '67 road runner was scratched, dented, shattered, and destroyed. The blue paint was spattered with blood and water, mixing into a deadly concoction. Passersby noticed the headlights, one shattered to be unfunctional, but no one stopped to help. A few people phoned the police, but still no one stopped.

The red and blue lights flashed through the heavy rain and the sirens could hardly be heard over the heavy drops. They weren't surprised at how this turned out. If she wore her seat belt, she would still be conscious. It's not her fault though, that her boyfriend beat her to the point she fled. It wasn't her fault she was too scared to remember it. She was on her way to her mother's house to escape her boyfriend, but soon her mother would call her cell phone, worried sick. Her mother would yell at her for being late, but then contradict them both by asking if she was okay. Quinn hated her mother for a long time, but would never admit it. Quinn may very well be dead. It wasn't up to her though, it was between heaven and hell, good and evil, God and Lucifer. It was up to them; they would decide whether this girl survived or not.