Forgotten Memories

h/c=hair colour
y/n=your name
e/c=eye colour
n/n=nickname
s/c=skin colour

Hiccup sat in his living room, plans and maps scattered around him in organised chaos as he obsessed over finding Viggo Grimborn's new Dragon Hunter base. So far, he'd had no luck, despite the fact he had been cooped up in the Hut for almost a week. His team had begun to worry again, that emotion towards their leader having become quite frequent.

His little-to-no-progress was interrupted by the arrival of a Terrible Terror swooping into the large room and depositing a scrolled up piece of parchment on the map of the Outer Archipelago he had been scouring with a detailed eye. Hiccup blinked. He wasn't expecting any mail, meaning this had to be either bad news, or horrid news. He carefully unravelled the parchment, the cursive script of his most recent adversary scrolled across the page.

Hiccup,

I believe I have reached a solution to our little feud that can benefit both our parties. Meet me at the small unnamed island located in the outer reaches of The Sullen Sea and we can discuss the matter. If you do not trust me, let me ease your mind by promising that should you bring your dragons myself nor my men will make any attempt to take the first strike against you. This is purely for business, a temporary truce if you will.

Should you agree to this meeting, I will be waiting on my ship by the eastern corner of the island in two days' time. I sincerely hope you shall consider my proposition.

Viggo Grimborn.

The 18-year-old debated the idea in his head. For all he knew this could all be another trap to lure them into a false sense of security, but on the other hand Viggo was a business man, honest to a fault, especially concerning his feud with the young Dragon Rider.

It was decided, he and the team would venture to the small island and hear what the Dragon Hunter had to say, staying on alert at all times and keeping their dragons a safe but callable distance away should a speedy escape be necessary.

Clouds blocked the warmth of the Sun as the Dragon Riders touched down on the small unnamed island, disembarking their dragons and instructing them to stay close but hidden. A boat lay on the shore awaiting them, directed straight at Grimborn's ship. The ride over was easy enough, and once they had all settled and the 'formalities' were out of the way, Viggo spoke to Hiccup, who stood at the front of the group.

"I believe I have come to the perfect solution to terminate this little feud once and for all." The Viking stated bluntly.

"Oh, really? Are you going to give up Dragon Hunting and leave the Archipelago and its surrounding water forever? Cause that's the only solution I see working out for us." Hiccup replied without fault, gesturing to his team at his last statement. Viggo only chucked. "No my boy, I'm afraid not. It's simple really. You leave and my Hunters to do our job in peace, and in return, we will return your friend to you, alive."

Hiccup stalled slightly at that. Why was Viggo suddenly lying to him? It wasn't like the Leader of the Hunters to lie to his face, he prided himself on his ability to use his quick wit and honesty to throw Hiccup off whenever they faced off.

"Nice try, but all of my friends are here beside me, so either you can cut the crap and stop lying to me, or we can just leave and forget this little waste of time even happened."

The older male chuckled once again, only this time, his tone was darker and, though he did not show it, it sent a chilling shiver down Hiccup's spine.

Oh really? Then you truly have forgotten her. That's a shame, she always had such high hopes that someday, someday you might remember how much you once meant to each other. I mean, after all, she stayed by your side all throughout you training that Night Fury, cried at your bedside after your mighty battle, and even made the effort to befriend your newest member and your little girlfriend over there when you first discovered her on that beach all those years ago."