Levi x (child) reader (underground)

(edited: 29th of January 2020) 

A/n: This is more of a wholesome friendship/platonic love based oneshot- just putting that out there.

Emphasis on platonic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... Cold..." You whimpered as you pointlessly trudged through the mud, gaining looks from people who looked at you with pity. But it's the underground after all, it's not like anyone was really going to help a poor, alone 6 and a half year old girl with no family who was very weak and about to die from hypothermia from the bad weather. In this place, you have to make sure you can survive yourself. 

It had been ages since you had last eaten, and everyone you knew were dead.  You walked into a alley to get to the other side of town, just going where ever your legs took you. Half way through the alley, you fell onto your knees, unable to keep going. Hot tears streamed down your face as you sobbed loudly.

"Get up and walk. Dont give up. As long as your alive fight." You heard a voice from up above you say. Above you was a teenage looking man, with beautiful eyes that stood out to you. He bent down and covered your shoulders with a cloak and picked you up. 

Then everything went black.

~Time skip~

A feeling of warmth engulfed you, feeling safe and comfortable in a pair of arms that held you close. Realising you didn't know where you were, and fearing for your safety, you panicked and shot your eyes open, looking up to see the same man from before. He looked down at you as you looked at him with confusion. Should you be scared? Were you safe?  You were in a strangers house.

"You're safe now, you dont have to worry." Levi reassured you, wrapping the blanket back around you.

You blinked blankly at him, slowly letting your guard down. "Where am I?" 

"I picked you up in that alley way, remember? You almost died..." He reminded you, giving you a piece of bread which you took eagerly.

"Thank you..." You said quietly as you ate it.

"Levi-Aniki! We're back!" Some red hair like girl yelled, running in the room smiling with another man behind her, startling you. You clenched onto Levi, thinking he was the only one you could trust. Levi shot a death glare at the two people.

"Who's this?" The man asked.

"Some kid I found." 

~Big time skip~

"Hey Levi?" You called out, walking into his office. You were in the survey corps now, alongside Levi.

"What is it?" He asked, looking up at you from his paper work, lowering a cup of tea from his face.

"I realised that I never really thanked you for saving me..." You confessed, looking at your feet.

"Hm?" He hummed in confusion from the suddenness.

"Thank you for saving me even though I was basically dead all those years ago. You gave me hope that I didn't have. You said you were by me the whole night when I almost died and I didn't realise how much that meant. The fact that you saved someone even though you weren't in great shape at the same time. Both of us went through stuff we wish never happened, but it shaped how we are now. If my family didn't die... I probably would of died because of them. And I would have never meet you." You explained your feelings, fumbling with your clothing. Levi stared at you with a semi shocked expression painted onto his face. Was he... Crying? 

Slowly, Levi made his way towards you and engulfed you in a tight, comfortable, safe feeling hug.

"When I saw you in that alley way... I saw myself. All that I went through. There was no way I could just leave you there. And here we are now." He laughed a little. It was a low, quite laugh. 

"I... I love you Levi." You mumbled as you placed your head in his shoulder.

"You too."