Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Three

Chapter Three
• • •

A quarter before seven, I heard a car stop at the driveway. With my heartbeat leaping inside my chest, I peeped out of my window which faced the driveway. Seeing Jacob come out of his car gave me the heebie-jeebie. When I left Los Carlos six years ago, he was just an elementary schoolboy and I was just a girl head-over-heels for him. So, the fact that he would be driving me to school in his car got my head spinning.

I rushed toward my full-length mirror to check my outfit just one more time. I was all set to move, dressed in my usual comfy clothes – a light, striped V-neck blouse loosely tucked in black skinny jeans and Adidas shoes. My brunette hair was pulled up to a ponytail. I tried drawing an eyeliner. It just didn't work. My hands would never stop shaking.

When in the next second I heard the doorbell ring, I grabbed my backpack from the bed and rushed downstairs. Dad had answered the door. He had also dressed for work and David had been hustling the whole morning to catch up with him since he would be dropping him off at his new school.

"Hey," I greeted from the stairs, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Ready?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Come on then."

"Yeah. Bye, Dad." I hugged Dad in a half hug before following Jacob to his car.

To be honest, I was feeling a little nervous at the fact that I was going to be that new kid in the new school. I'd have no idea what I should do and where I should go if I don't see Kendra around at all. Still, the thought of seeing her kept me excited despite the little unsettling feeling in my gut. And then the twenty-minutes drive with Jacob helped a lot. He was such a nice person. He could make anyone feel like they belonged there with him, anywhere, anytime. And so, it was a good thing that he offered the ride. I was not as nervous as I thought I would be after giggling the whole twenty minutes listening to his funny ramblings and corny jokes.

"Here we are. Your new world," he said as we parked at the side of the street.

We stepped out and I scanned the new world in front of me. Well, it was high school; huge red building with rectangular lines of glass windows. From where I was standing, I could see another line of cars just across the lawn (that had a walkway running right through it leading to the main entrance). If where we parked was the east parking lot, the other one was the west parking lot. It was something like the West Wing and the East Wing.

For the first few seconds, I felt like a star with all the people's eyes falling on me. Then in the next few seconds that followed, everything went back to normal which felt exceptionally great for me. I never liked attention. But then what shocked me was that I particularly noticed a girl in pretty skirts winking my way from her car. I had never had a girl winking so flirtatiously at me before. It didn't take me long to realized Jacob was behind me. I turned to look at him but he didn't seem to care, for which I did a mental break-dance.

"Thanks for the ride," I said, keeping my cool.

"Anytime."

All of a sudden, I felt someone wraparound my shoulders from behind with both arms. At the same time, they startled me with a loud exclamation of my name. I swear, I could've cried from joy.

"Kendra!" I exclaimed too, whirling around and grabbing her at once in a tight hug, the strongest I could manage.

She laughed and managed to wave at Jacob who was standing behind me. "Hey, Jake!"

"Hey, Kendra. How you doing?"

"As you can see, I'm suffocating," Kendra replied with a strangled voice as I held her tight in my unrelenting arms.

Jacob laughed a little. "Since you've found each other, I guess I'll head over to my school now."

"Yeah. No worries. I got her back."

I broke the hug and turned to him. "Thanks again."

Flashing one more of his dashing grin, he drove out of Greenwood soon after.

Kendra hit my arm. "You didn't tell me that you were coming here, you butt crack!"

I laughed. "Well, surprise!"

"Yeah, be happy it worked."

"New look, huh?" I touched her hair, flicking an eyebrow.

The last time I saw her, which was about a month ago, she had purple hair, but now it was black. I shouldn't exactly be surprised. She seemed to change her hair color every month. Her straight hair that felt just over her shoulders had been dyed jet black to resemble a black-craze, indie rocker kind of girl. Her eyes were painted black too. The way I saw it, she looked cool.

"I know! It's cool, right?" she said, shrugging proudly. "You should totally try a makeover. It's gonna be fun. How 'bout green hair?" she suggested.

"Shut up." I sighed, laughing.

She led me to the reception and we took my timetable. It felt too good to be with her again. I missed her so much and seeing her again, I missed her even more. We talked for a short while as she dropped me to my homeroom. There weren't much people when I entered. Most of the chairs were empty. I took the second seat in the middle row and waited for what happens next.

I opened my phone and saw a text from Dad. "Everything good?"

I replied, "Yes. Perfect. Have met up with Kendra too."

Soon after, students started to file in. Some of them noticed the new face but no one really spoke to me, except a girl who smiled at me as she took a seat on the other row. She was really pretty; dressed in a black-and-white striped top tucked under a pretty blue mini skirt, exposing her slender legs. She left her wavy, ginger-red hair flowing over her shoulders. I had seen so many pretty girls in East Port too but none had been so captivating as this one right here. She simply glowed.

"Bitch!" One brunette with golden highlights at the ends taunted her as she strutted pass by.

"Get a life, Nikki," Ginger sighed back.

When a male teacher – probably in his late thirties – with neat, cropped hair, walked in, the room gradually hushed down. He opened his record and started filling up the attendance. He didn't call out names. He just stared at people in the faces and marked the record.

When he looked at me, he raised his eyebrows. "Alana Lancaster?"

"Yes, sir."

"Welcome to Greenwood. I'm Hart. Try not to get in trouble."

"Okay." I nodded.

He quickly finished marking the record and, four tall boys shuffled in like they were forced through a rat-hole. The first two stumbled forward as the last two shoved them over.

Hart turned to them. "Do I have to remind you, boys, the consequence of being late for class?"

"It won't happen again, sir," the last person replied, chuckling without a care.

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when in came Ugly Narcissus, ever still like a misplaced King. He was the one who answered.

• • •

So yeah, Narcissist is here!

Well, I hope you enjoyed it. More fun on the way. So stick with me YOU AMAZING PEOPLE. It's your support that makes my day.

🚩 PS: We have an official new cover for Silhouette, custom made by Wattpad Staff. *grins wiiiiiide*

Love y'all