-Chapter. 1-

Your name is (Y/n) (L/n). You're currently 17-years-old and you live in an apartment with your mother who is out quite often but still cares about you very much.

As of now you are sitting in your bedroom with your bestfriend and her boyfriend. What will you do?

-----

"Neither of you have plans this weekend, right?" You ask finishing off the sentence you were writing down in your notebook.

"Umm I don't think so... If not we will for sure come over! But if we do I'll make sure to text you." Jade says also finishing up and putting her notebook back in her backpack.

"I don't see why we would change our minds unless you and Jade suddenly hated each other in 3 days." Karkat huffed at the two of you as he was still writing.

You waited until he finished to start talking again; you didn't want to distract him.

As he put away his notebook he looked up at you and Jade.

"I'm hungry, do you have food?" He asked getting out of the spinny chair by your bed.

You and Jade exchanged a look and got up, Karkat was always hungry.

"Probably not but we can probably go out for food. Taco Bell isn't that far away, and after we eat you guys can walk home and I can walk back to my house." You tell them.

This time Jade and Karkat exchange a look and nod their heads in a agreement.

"Well let's get going then."

-----

The three of you walk into Taco Bell, Jade and Karkat go get a table while you go order.

"Nice aviators, they actually let you wear them to work?" You tell the guy working behind the counter.

"Thanks? And no not usually but it just depends on who's working with me, these guys don't care." He hands you your food and you take it and thank him.

"Are you new around here? I don't think I've seen your face before." You ask before you go sit down with a very impatient Karkat and Jade.

"Actually, yeah I am. My older brother just got an apartment not too far away from here. I live there with him and my twin brother, Dirk." He smiles at you and places his elbows on the counter, looking a little more interested in the conversation.

"Are those apartments by any chance called Shakerhill?" You ask him.

He perks up a little but quirks a brow.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

You bite your lip. "I live there too, with my mom."

"Really? No way!" He laughs a little. "My name's Dave, hopefully I'll see you around." He smirks at you

"(Y/n)! Hurry the fuck up!" Karkat yells from the table him and Jade were sitting at. Jade patted his shoulder and probably told him something like watch your profanity we're in public.

"My name's (Y/n), and yeah I hope we can catch up." You say smiling lightly, feeling oddly over-joyed.

You start to walk off but he stops you.

"Wait! I get off at 5 which is in like an hour, can you stay and I can give you a ride back to the apartments? I promise I'm not a creepy murder guy." He laughs looking at you, you catch a glimpse of his eyes behind the shades and you feel your face heat up.

"Y-Yeah! That sounds like fun!" You say walking towards the table with the tray of food.

"It's about damn time, I swear to Gog (Y/n) if my food is cold I'm leaving right now." He says grabbing his food and taking a bite.