-Chapter. 7-

You hadn't been able to stop thinking about Dave, he haunted your mind every second of every day.

The guilt was too much for you to handle so you decided to stay home for the rest of the week.

It was only 2 days so what could possibly go wrong? Nothing you could care about. You had more important things on your mind.

Dirk had only texted you once since Wednesday.

But then again it's still only been 2 days, either way though 2 days can feel like 2 years when you're this guilty.

You didn't know what you were going to do, but sitting in your bed moping around wasn't solving anything.

----

After a well-needed shower, you had gotten around and were ready to leave your apartment.

You needed to get  out to release the tension that was building up.

Luckily there was a nice café located in town.

Your mom once again had the car so the only downside was you had to walk. Not like it was a huge deal but you'd choose driving over walking any day.

After you arrived and ordered you sat at a table next to the window. Today was about you, you decided, just you. No Jade, no Karkat, no Strider's.

Spoke to soon

"(Y/n), is that you?"

You put down your coffee, the voice sounded familiar yet you couldn't decipher who it was. That is until you looked up and saw the oldest Strider brother.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Hey bro?" You answer, what did he want?

He sat down across from you at your table along with setting his drink down.

You started drumming your fingers against the solid wood.

So much for a day to yourself.

"So how are things going between you and the boys?" Bro said after a long drink of his tea.

You look up only to meet his shades, you couldn't tell if he was mad too or what.

"I'm not so sure, why do you ask?" You answer back wanting to avoid this conversation.

"Dave told me everything, he's not talking to Dirk though." He takes another drink. "But, (Y/n), I'm not blaming you, don't think I am. I actually want you to try and patch things up."

You expected that to be a lot worse. Like a lot, a lot, worse.

"Patch things up?" You repeat and he nods his head.

"I can't take the tension in the house anymore."

You agree, after all you left your own home for that same reason.

"If you'd like I can drive you there" he finished off his tea and threw the cup away in a near trash can.

In all honesty, you wanted to get up and walk away. You wanted to decline his offer, go home, and continue to ignore them.

"Yeah that sounds okay." You also finish off the rest of your coffee and throw it away in the same trash can.

"Ready to go?"