-Chapter. 5-

((This was a cosplay at shuto con that I really liked ((ps this was in like march plus I don't know who to credit sorry))))

------

In about 5 seconds you would find yourself about to smash your phone under your fist. Probably because the damn thing would nOT STOP RINGING.

Jade had a different ring tone so you knew it wasn't her which pissed you off even more.

You counted the short - but loud- melody in your head for the sixth time now.

By the eighth call you had about gone ape shit and nearly crushed the defenseless technology, that is until you saw who was calling.

Dave?

Cautiously, you pick up the phone and debate answering it.

You always sounded like shit in the morning but what if this was important..?

Before it alerts you of another missed called, you answer the phone.

"Um, hello?"

There wasn't even a pause, he instantly replied.

"Jesus fuck (Y/n) we are not hibernating. Do you want to go adventure today?"

You bite your lip unsure of your response.

"Probably not, I have to talk to Jade."

"About?" He talk like he was suspicious.

"Girl stuff."

"Oh cool, well come over whenever, I'll be home. Dirk and Bro went out."

By now you were already halfway down the stairs. "Uh, cool. I've got to get around now bye."

You wait for him to say bye before you hang up the phone.

Just me a Dave?

The thought made you blush heavily until you imagined what Jade would say- as if she was so pure.

You role your eyes to your own thought and continue thinking up unreasonable scenarios in your head while you shower.

----

"So it's just you and Mr. Coolkid?" Jade asked as the two of you were in her room.

"Mhmmm" you nod your head still unsure if you wanted to go over there or not.

"I'm just not sure if I want to go." You think aloud. She snorts at you.

"You sure aren't dress like you're unsure." She adds looking you up and down.

"Oh piss off I don't have much clothes clean." You lie and look down at your over exaggerated outfit. On the plus side you did look cute though.

"Mhm sure. What about his twin brother? You know the slightly hotter version of him?" She pulls a bag of Gold Fish out of her desk drawer and begins to snack on them.

"I actually don't know, he didn't say where Dirk went."

"He's probably locked him in the basement so that he doesn't get in the way of Davey's private time." She rolls her eyes while shoveling more fish crackers into her mouth.

"Haha Jade. That's not even possible; there's no basements, smartass."

"Fine, closet."

You huff. "Sure."

"If you're going you should go now. It's nearly 4 o' clock my dude." She tells you as she puts her food away.