-- 28 --

"That was your genius plan?" I let the howling winds trace the curve of my jaw, spicy needles of ice clawing at my cheeks. The phone against my ear was sweaty and moist, and I so despertely wished to throw it through the nearest window. Some part of me just wanted to see all of that glass shattering, and plummeting to it's death below.

"Oh, so I'm assuming you have a better one?" Nate retorted smugly in the midst of chewing on what I'd presume to be an apple.

"Going over to your house as a guest and not an employee will never work. The house is in her name. She'll kick me out without thinking twice." I rubbed my crying temples, my brain swelling inside my skull. "Look, I have to go. Perry will be here in like, ten minutes, and I don't want to be on the phone when he comes."

There was silence on the other end of the line, before he cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Okay."

"Bye." I drew the phone in front of my, my thumb hovering over the red button, when a shout soared out from the phone, making me cringe altogether.

"Wait! Angel, angel, don't hang up yet." Nate whined.

"What?! I told you I need to go!" I snapped, watery tears of frustration brimming my eyes. "For all we know, this could be the last day that I'm going to be anywhere close to your house. Hell, she might even get a restraining order on me. Who knows."

"You're all worried for nothing." He laughed merrily. I hated that right now. He was so carefree, when I knew that Rosie would personally hire a paid assassin to scrape my hide right off my body. I hated that he didn't think this was a real problem, when all in all, there was a pretty large possibility that this would be the last time that I would be allowed to see him.

And this didn't affect him at all.

"So you're not at all worried that we may never see each other again. Oh, okay. Yeah, no that's fine. I get it." I deadpanned, my tone unwavering.

He screamed a laugh. "Ela! God damn, I can't-- You seriously don't get it, do you? I'm not worried because I couldn't give two shits what Rosie thinks she can do. There is legitimately nothing she could say or do that would convince me to not try and make us work. That's why I'm not worried."

Quiet flooded my ears, and my heart drummed inside my chest. I can't believe he would say something like that.

When I didn't respond, he coughed, and spoke quietly, "I love you, Ela."

I sank down to a seated position, my head in my hands. Happy tears welled up in my eyes, and I brushed them away furiously.

I was the biggest idiot to ever live. How could I think Nate wouldn't care? He's passed caring. He's set on us, and there's nothing that could dislodge him from his opinions. This was all my fault. All of this arguing, between us. I was the one that was doubting us, and I seriously didn't deserve someone as good as Nate. I could live one hundred and one lifetimes, and still not deserve him. I swear, I didn't understand why he was still sticking around with me, but nonetheless, I wouldn't stop loving him.

And that's all there was to it.

It was then that I got this unbearable urge to leap into his arms, and stay there forever, but as he was in his house, talking over the phone, I realized I'd have to wait. Damn you, teleportation.

"Ela?" He said after a minute or so. "You still there?"

"Y-yeah." I babbled, my voice high and swollen. "Yeah, I'm here. I love you, too, Nate. I was just thinking about... teleportation."