Sleepless || Chapter 1

chapter picture belongs to: http://reroro-gc.tumblr.com/post/150513936740

For the five plus years I've known him, I have never seen that blonde, twitchy, over-stressed out boy so... peaceful.

I've known him for so long, yet how is it that I've never experienced something so savoring than this.

His restless body, snoozing away on my bed as I continued to do my homework on the ground. In reality, I was staring at his fragile body. Slowly going up and then back down, repeating that process in a calming manner.

I remember when we were young, we had sleepovers. I never got to see this side of him. Mostly for the reason that I feel asleep before him.

He never slept. Well, rephrase that- he stays up till 5 AM and sleeps for that one good hour.

He told me about this one sleepover, at Token's house, in 6th grade.

But now, he fell asleep like a rock or something. It was 6 PM now, though, and I really wasn't too surprised by this.

Freshmen year got stressful for him. More homework, more note, more exams.

I went to his house throughout quarter one to help him through this. Multiple times persuading him to not drop out and how I've made that mistake during Middle school. Telling him how incredibly intelligent he is.

I did that for a solid quarter.

Quarter two, though, shot around the corner and my mind flickered to different thoughts. How this favor had become a tiring chore to me.

Oh, the face he made the day I spoke to him about this. He looked shocked and partially sad.

How I told him that I was tired of coming to be by his side. How I had a life of my own and he needed to figure things out on his own.

He stifled out a laugh in which I became very confused as to why.

'What?' I had questioned.

'Craig, I never asked you to comfort me.'

His words, as he spoke I knew- I could tell I had became rather flustered.

'I-'

I didn't know how to respond. I looked away from him. Just looking at his laughing form made me uncontrollably embarrassed about myself.

'I didn't want to say anything.. I could tell you were getting frustrated at me for not being more accepting.'

His words were spoke with stutters yet I could hear every single words as if there were none at all. Maybe this was the affect of being friends with him for so long?

'I guess I acted like that, 'cause I didn't want you to leave. No one ever talked to me about my troubles. They always just said to 'get over it!' or 'your just a spaz, its what you do.'

'Some shit like that... but you-'

God, the wording he chose made him sound so gay. Somehow, I found myself even more embarrassed thinking of that. I bit my lip and narrowed my eyes.

I couldn't bare to look at him, but he didn't spoke for quite sometime. I had no choice but to glance over to him.

When my eyes peered over to the pale, blonde boy; our eyes did not meet as I thought they were to.

He was looking out the direction I was staring upon. Holding the door frame and tipping himself out looking around the area I was just minutes ago looking.

My burning face seemed to die down by now as I stared at him so patiently. I accidentally coughed when my throat had became dry and he seemingly picked up the sound.