Pillow Forts || Chapter 2

chapter picture owned by: http://reroro-gc.tumblr.com/

"Maybe we should make a sleepover, like the good times?"

We both sat, leaning on the pillow pile we had created within our room fort. Bed sheets littered the room, attached to my bed and chairs plus desks around the room.

Soft blankets consumed the ground for better comfort, and the amazig pile of pillows that we both used as a bean bag or a bed to lay on.

"Sure."

My words lacked excitement but he had not seemed bothered by it. "We could play games and get a ton of junk food," He paused his sentence and seemed to shift around the pillows.

We laid vertically from each other. Only our heads side by side.

I tilt my head to the left to see his own green eyes, the middle and trimming of it exploding with a warm coffee brown color. They stared hopefully back at mine.

We stood this way for what seemed like an eternity. At first this moment felt so calming, soothing, but as tie flew and we just sat this way both of us unsure what to do, it became awkward.

"I- uhm..." My mouth couldn't form anything to talk about and I began muttering ut stuttering words. He had seemed to as well become uncomfortable and gripped his jacket sleeve.  His eyes fluttered to different directions but always gluing back onto mine after some time.

As if abruptly out of nowhere, he spoke, "Y-your eyes are really interesting."

My eyebrows furrow together in confusion and I seem to frown a bit. "What do you mean?" It came out more angered on accident and I see the messy blonde tense up from it. "Gah-! I mean l-like a compliment, like, uh like It's pretty how-" He reached over to my left eye as if to touch it to see if what he saw was real before he protested.

I didn't budge, I was somehow okay about this. "your right eye is so blue, but your other eye is much... lighter?"

His hand swapped to my right eye, staring at my lighter one so interested in it's difference. I look down and close my eyes, thinking of a response. How do you respond to something like that..?

Soon after I close my eyes, I felt the warmth of his hand fade away. "I never really notice it when I was younger. Guess it never bothered me, you uhm eye colors." I look back at him with a blank look. "I didn't have it back then."

I saw him shoot his head up and stare at me with confusion. "What?"

"In Middle School, I got some shit- chemicals in my eyes, mostly in my left eye. I was blind for several months but I've gained my vision  overtime. Things are still blurry but it's honestly nothing to worry about."

I saw the great concern in his wide eyes. "C-craig... why didn't you ever, ngh, ever told me about th-this?" He shot up from where he was laying at and stared down at me.

I shrug and propped myself up with  an elbow to be able to see him better. There was silence and ponder from the boy before he whispered, "Is that the real reason why you never showed up through middle school?"

I kept my eyes on the floor not saying anything and changing the subject. "I'm going to go grab more soda."

"N-no. Craig. Answer me p-please."

He grabbed my wrist pulling me back down to sit in front of him.

"Why... why did you .."

I looked down to the side of me keep quiet. "You sound like an overprotective mom right now, Tweek."

He sighed rolling his eyes in the process. I smiled weakly from my joke before frowning and lifting my hair up away from my eyes then letting it go to plop back on my forehead.