nineteen

"Go after him. Okay? I'm gonna go home, I'll call you later." Tom softly smiled at the girl before walking away.

Talia took off in a sprint after the boy who had started to walk away. As she came up behind him, she could see him running his hands through his hair.

"Harrison!" she yelled.

He looked over his shoulder before shaking his head and continuing to walk. She finally caught up with him, putting her hand down on his shoulder and panting as she caught her breath.

"What do you want?" he sniffled.

"Why does he have to be crying?" Talia thought.

She moved her hand from his shoulder to holding onto one of his hands. She squeezed it as she stared at the boy.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you Harrison, but-"

"You love Tom more." he cut her off.

She chewed her lip as she nodded, "Don't let yourself be hung up on me... please. Go for Kelsey, I know she likes you."

Harrison wiped the tears from underneath his eyes and he let out a little laugh, "Why do you always feel the need to set me up?"

"There's my Haz!" Talia giggled.

His laughter got a little more vibrant, "Maybe I will go for Kelsey. She's probably not as crazy as you, Tallie."

"Do it, please. You won't regret it, I swear." she smiled up at the boy.

He nodded, "I will if you stop bugging me about it."

She stood in her toes and kissed the boy's cheek, "Got it. I'm going to head back home. Malachi just got home and I've got a new younger sister. I'll see you at our annual Christmas party, right?"

"You betcha." he smiled.

She squeezed his hand one last time before turning on her heels and walking back toward her house.

•••••

"How'd it go?"

"Pretty good actually!"

"Good, I'm glad."

"OMG, Tom, guess what?!"

"What?"

"I convinced Haz to go after Kelsey."

"Kelsey Thomas? From grade school?"

"Yeah! The little red head."

"They'll be perfect together! How do you know she'd be interested in him?"

"Cause she's told me multiple times about how much she loves Harrison."

"Well that's a good clue."

"I'm gonna go now, Tommy. Mum wants us kids to have a movie night tonight. See you later?"

"Of course you will. Oh and Talia?"

"Yeah, Tom?"

"Thanks for letting me back in."