Chapter 1

Tsuna was not being dame-Tsuna.

Many of the student body was scared as to why suddenly the dame-est student in school suddenly paid more attention in class, stopped being a ditzy person, etc.

Although he paid more attention in class, his grades didn't improve much sadly.

What was probably stranger was that Tsuna willingly went to the library every day. He always rushed out after school, and then went somewhere else. Not even his guardians could keep track of him. Reborn wondered if Tsuna had actually learned something from him.

(-)

Nana had noticed that a few blankets and towels had gone missing over the past few weeks. Her son would rush home, finish his homework early and then leave again. She vaguely wondered what he was doing, but she hoped her son was having fun.

(-)

Over the next week, Gokudera was worried about his Boss's health. Tsuna looked extremely haggered, and had dark circles under his eyes. The brunette disappeared at lunch, when he usually ate with them on the roof. However he wasn't the only one worried about him.

(-)

Tsuna huffed as he rushed out of school again, diverting from Yamamoto and Gokudera. He felt bad he really did, but he didn't want to get in trouble, or hurt the little one's he was protecting.

A couple of weeks ago Hibird had perched on his head, chirping, 'park' over and over again. Tsuna wondered where Hibari was because Hibird was after all his. When he went to the park which wasn't more than a few blocks from school, Tsuna looked around to see what Hibird was so upset about. Hibird flew off his head and went to a tall, rather mature tree. Tsuna followed the fluffy little yellow bird, who was hopping around the base of the tree.

Tsuna noticed a small heap of twigs that suspiciously looked like a nest. He looked up at the tree thinking that maybe it had fallen. He knelt next to the fragile nest noticing that there were actually a couple of little white eggs inside, it looked like they were safe but the mother was nowhere to be seen. Tsuna didn't want to touch it in case the mama bird came back.

Tsuna watched as Hibird hopped into the little eggs and ruffled his feathers so he covered them better.

"Have you been taking care of them?" Tsuna petted the bird's soft head. "I wonder where the mama is." Hibird flapped his wings, taking flight and sat on Tsuna's shoulder.

"Mama! Mama!" Tsuna looked around thinking that the mama bird had come back. Hibird jumped up and down on his shoulder, "Mama! Mama!" Hibird then fluttered down to the nest and repeated the action one more time. Tsuna thought Hibird couldn't possibly be saying what he was.

The brunette pointed to himself, "I'm Mama?"

"Mama! Mama!" Hibird flew delighted around his head before resting by the nest again.

"EHHHHH!"

And so began Tsuna's routine of looking after the little eggs.

Tsuna didn't know anything about taking care of baby birds, and thought about going to the school library but then people would wonder why he was checking out books. So he went to the local library but that seemed to cause more of an uproar at the school. He had learned that baby birds were hard to take care of.

He borrowed some of his mothers blankets and towels to wrap around the nest to try to keep it warmer, he made sure he got up early every morning to see that Hibird was resting on the nest, he smiled at the cute picture. He checked and stayed with the nest for an hour or two so that Hibird could go eat, or whatever it was he did. However Tsuna never knew how taxing being a step-parent was. He would be lying if he said he wasn't excited to see them hatch. He had debated with himself in taking the nest home with him but he worried that Lambo and I-pin would accidently hurt them or something else.