Chapter 8 - Make Me

Alvin's P.O.V

I blushed a little as my face came closer to Slade's. What was going to happen? I could feel heat rising in my cheeks as he got closer, but before anything made contact, we both pulled back and looked away, cursing at ourselves.

When I turned back around, I noticed Slade was looking at me guilty. I just looked at him confused and rested my left hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry...Alvin...I just got scared..."

I just gave him a small smile and rubbed his shoulder softly. "It's okay, Slade...I'm not upset."

I smiled bigger as I heard him sigh relieved. Getting off the stools, we both then walked over to a booth where they were selling some hamburgers and fries.

Once we got our food and sat down, I just stared at my plate as Slade started eating.

After about five minutes into his burger, he looked at me confused and swallowed. "Alvin? Why aren't you eating?"

I sighed and looked at him. "I don't know how to eat this..."

Slade just looked at me shocked. "Wait, you don't know how to eat a hamburger?"

I sighed and shook my head.

The next thing I knew, Slade was behind me and had his hands on my arms, then made me pick up the burger and bring it to my mouth. "Just take a big bite out of it and hold it like this."

I nodded and did as he said, not noticing that I got ketchup on my lip.

He just chuckled, grabbed a napkin and wiped my face, making me blush lightly.

When we had finished eating, we then made our way back to the hospital. Once we got there, I looked at Slade sadly.

"I don't want to go back in there..."

Slade just gave me a reassuring smile. "I'll come back to visit tomorrow...I promise."

I nodded and was about to turn and leave until I felt Slade's lips make contact with my cheek.

When I turned around to face him, he was gone.

Turning around, I snuck back into the hospital and to my room, my face bright red.