Meet Me

Kenny-
Unfortunately we didn't get to go to the fair last night but this morning Toni took the kids to breakfast and to their dentist appointments. And me, myself is about to do a little sneaking around.

I walk upstairs and into Toni's room and start snooping around her personal things. Now I'm not the person who just invades people privacys like this, but there is something about her that I can't put my hands on it but it's been bothering me since I saw that picture of her and the family and since last night when she started talking about the lightning outside.

I look through her drawers and cabinets until I get to her closest. I start looking over the shelves in the closet until I come across a heavy duffel bag. I quickly pull it out of the walk in closet and drag it to the center of her room.

A sense of guilt comes over me as I stare at the bag. I start thinking that maybe I shouldn't do this. Then I start thinking that I should because what if she is some crazy killer? After a few minutes of debating with myself I finally come to a decision...

Toni-
"Are you sure we should be doing this?" I ask as I look at the sight ahead of me. "Yeah it's not like we skipped school it's just a dentist appointment plus you said you never been here before so come on" China says as she applies the band to my wrist.

"I said I've never been here, I didn't say we should skip your appointment and go now" I tell them making them laugh. "You should be more elaborate then Toni now come on it's going to be fun, look how happy Skai looks" Yara says pointing to Skai who is almost jumping out of her stroller as her eyes widen in amazement.

"I don't know guys" I say eyeing them unsure. "Please Ms. Toni, we already brought the tickets" Miles says and they all look at me with big, sad eyes making me groan. "Fine, BUT we are only staying here three hours tops I will just call your uncle and tell him I wanted to take y'all to the park or something after y'all got finished with the dentist" I tell them causing them all to cheer before I find myself being led into the amusement park.

Kenny-I sit in shock as I look through all the stacks of papers, and photos, and letters and letters of acceptance

Kenny-
I sit in shock as I look through all the stacks of papers, and photos, and letters and letters of acceptance. Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Berkley, Caltech, Duke, The University of Chicago, Vanderbilt, Emory, Cambridge, Oxford, and the list goes on. Each one is a university or college that she has been accepted into both in and out of the country.

I look through each letter of acceptance and to me it sounded like they we're in competition to get her into their school offering her scholarships, free things, hell some even offered to give her, her very own apartment.

-To Ms. Toni Braxton,
It is my honor to be one of the schools you are looking to enroll into. By going here we will treat you with the dignity and honor you deserve to be treated with. Coming here you will find that...

I trail off as I go to the next house each one promising her different things. 75 letters of acceptance, and 25 others pratically begging her to come to their college. I sit in shock as I pour over the letters and then come across photos of her from the ages of seven through seventeen. Her holding up awards, medals, shaking hands with...is that the president?!

I look through more photos and see some of the same girls I saw in the photo. "Caught!" I hear someone yell making me jump up as I hear cackling. I turn to see my interior designer/cousin Demetria. "What are you doing here?" I ask breathing heavily making her laugh harder.

"Nahh the question is what are you doing here?" She asks walking over to me and looking at all the papers

"Nahh the question is what are you doing here?" She asks walking over to me and looking at all the papers. "Do not tell me you, Kenneth Brian Edmonds, is snooping on your nanny" she says in mock shock. "No-yes...its just last night she just said something out of the ordinary and it bothered me." "So you decided to snoop on her because of something she said?" She asks with a raised eyebrow making me huff.

"No just look" I tell her pulling her down beside me. She looks over the papers with a bored expression before turning towards me "soooo what am I looking at exactly?" She asks in a monotone voice. "Every single one of these letters are acceptance letters from different universities. Top universities. Look at the pictures, all them awards and medals" I tell her and her eyes widen.

"Oh my God there have to be over 100 hundred letters of acceptance, do you know how smart you have to be to get into any one if these colleges?!" She exclaims. I left up a picture of her in a newspaper article and read the caption under it in my head.

Toni Michele Braxton 'Smartest Women In The World' with a IQ of 290 at just age sixteen Ms. Braxton is undoubtedly the smartest child, and women in the world to date. At just four Ms. Braxton could already speak nine different languages fluently...

"I'm guessing the smartest women in the world" I say to her showing her the article. After a few minutes of silence Demetria looks up towards me and speaks "and this is why you do background checks on people" she says shaking her head.

I just nod in agreement because of how right she is. What have I gotten myself into?

Toni-
Silence. The only thing that can be heard as me and the kids as we sit in the car almost four blocks away from the house. "Your uncle is going to kill me" I say quietly as I stare outside at the darkened sky. "Come on Toni it's not that late it's only...8:45" China says slowly making me groan.

"Yeah and we were supposed to be back here hours ago" I tell them making Yara sigh. "Well Uncle Kenny isn't that bad he only gives us lectures when we do something bad" she says. "Because you guys are his kids basically, I'm an employee...a died one soon" I say before starting the car.

Kenny-
"Where are they?!" I yell out as I throw my phone onto the table after Toni doesn't pick up for the upteemth time. "Calm down Kenny I just texted the girls they will call back" Demetria says. "Fuck that, I should be calling the cops-" I start to say right before we hear the front door open.

We both spring to the front to see the kids walking in with Toni trailing behind them with Skai asleep in her arms. "Where the hell have y'all been?!" I ask loudly making them all jump. "I'm sorry Mr. Ed-" "I want taking to you" I spit out interrupting Toni causing her to step back.

I quickly turn back to the kids "all of you upstairs now" I say causing them to groan "but Uncle Kennyyy" Miles whines before Demetria grabs ahold of him "how about I take the kids to my house tonight Kenny" she suggests and I nod and watch as they all leave to pack with Demetria going after them.

After making sure they are upstairs I turn to Toni who is standing nervously beside the door "meet me in my office after you put her to bed, we need to talk" I say before walking off leaving her standing there.