Chapter Four: Worlds Collide

The second semester of junior year had finally come to an end, and Jo was out celebrating with her classmates. She had begrudgingly given into peer pressure and found herself barhopping with people she barely knew.

Her male classmates had been vying for her attention all evening, and Jo was feeling pretty good after receiving free drink after free drink. So good, in fact, that it took her a moment to realize that she was being ushered into Lucky's with the other rising seniors. She locked eyes with a bemused Scott.

"Let's go, seniors!" Jessie drunkenly screamed as the large group of students made their way to the bar. The redhead's war cry was met with more cheering.

Jo sighed with embarrassment. "I am so sorry," she said to Scott. "I promise I didn't bring them here."

Scott laughed. He didn't care that the quiet bar was about to be overrun by drunken banshees. He was just happy to see her. "No worries. What can I get you?" he asked.

"I think I'm good for now. I really don't need any more alcohol," Jo confessed.

Right on cue, a sweaty classmate slammed his fist on the bar, then pointed to Scott. "Bartender. Two tequila shots. One for me and one for this pretty little lady," he slurred.

Jo rolled her eyes, but dutifully took the shot of tequila like a seasoned professional. After all, she was not one to turn down free liquor. As she politely chatted with her classmate, Brandon entered Lucky's wearing a dirty baseball cap, jeans, and a wrinkled t-shirt. Despite his newfound beard and general unkemptness, the T.A.'s arrival excited several of his female students. Unfortunately for him, though, Jo was not one of them.

Brandon ordered a whiskey and watched Jo sullenly. Some redhead was vainly trying to flirt with him, but he tuned her out and chugged his drink instead. He glanced at the annoying girl. What was her name again? Jenny? Jessie?

Whatever her name was, she had poured herself into a cheap-looking bandage dress that was all the rage right now, but that very few could actually pull off. This girl was not pulling it off. She had a cute, curvy figure, but the too tight dress highlighted every bulge and dimple of her body.

Now Jo, on the other hand, could pull off a bandage dress, but she'd probably never be caught dead in one. She was more of a jeans and expensive-looking shirt type of girl.

The first time Brandon had seen her naked, he nearly bust his nut right then and there. He had to think of wrinkly old people sex in order to save himself the embarrassment. But that body. Brandon groaned internally as his dick twitched in his pants. If a Greek god were to impregnate a prima ballerina, the resulting love child would look like Jo.

She was almost too good to be true, and she was definitely put on this earth to torture mankind - at least in his case. Brandon felt himself get upset all over again and began to glare at Dennis, the student monopolizing her attention. Fucking Dennis. Brandon made a mental note to knock off a few points from Dennis's final exam.

Jo had been keeping her distance, even more so than usual, and it was driving him insane. He had one of the best nights of his life with her, but she had been ignoring him ever since. They were never exclusive, but watching lesser men fawn over her made his blood boil.

Brandon choked down another whiskey, hoping to drown his feelings in liquor. After a few more drinks, he couldn't take it anymore. He had to talk to her. He made his way over to Jo, who was now talking to Jenny or Jessie.

"Alex," he said curtly. Both girls stopped talking and looked at him.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked.