Exploration of Many Things

Mark stayed with you for a bit while waiting for his friend, Bob, to come pick him up and take him home. You talked for a while about the best things about California, the best memories, anything to get your mind off of Nate. A Jeep rolled up with a tall guy in it and he waved politely. You waved back as Mark stood up and slung the backpack over his shoulder. "Don't forget to text me," he said as he hopped into the passenger seat. Closing the door behind him, he rolled down the window and motioned you to come closer. "Where are you going now?" he asked once you were closer. "You needed me closer to ask that?" you said dryly. "Hey, I don't a creep stalking and killing you, you're pretty cool!" he said defensively. Bob stared at y'all's conversation in amusement, but you ignored him. Rolling your eyes, you shrugged your shoulders. "Didn't think this far ahead, I guess. A hotel for as long as I can afford it, then maybe get an apartment and a few roomies? I only brought a few thousand, so I'll be trying to find a job first. Why?" Mark held up one finger and rolled up the window. He talked with Bob, almost arguing, then rolled the window back down. 

"Get in, loser, we're going shopping," he said, motioning to the back seat. You tilted your head and said, "Are you serious?" He nodded and Bob spoke up. "We've got an extra bedroom. As long as you don't mind staying with Mark and me and another guy named Wade and yet another guy right now named Sean, but we call him Jack. We're nice, I swear," he said, holding up his hands. "I don't want to be a strain on your finances..." you trailed off, but Mark smiled that smile and you gave in and climbed into the back seat. 'To Kill A Mockingbird' was still in your hands. "You have a preference to music, Miss..." Bob asked, leaving you to fill in the blank. "(Y/n). Call me (Y/n). And whatever's popular now. I want to be a little rebellious. My parents never let me leave the house or listen to that kind of music, always classical," you said. Mark turned around and stared at you in abject horror. He pushed a button without looking and a slow sounding sound filled the car.

 "Hello... it's me. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet," the woman sang. "Oh, she's got a nice voice," you said, closing your eyes. "Our friend, Nate did a cover of this song. Not your dick, Nate, this one's amazing. Want to hear it? It's better than Adele's in my opinion," said Mark. "NEVER insult Adele!" chided Bob. You smiled a weak smile and nodded at Mark. The mention of the name made you want to hurl. He messed around with his phone and this time, the same song came on. But with guitar and drums. He started singing and your mouth dropped open. The chorus came on and your head was thumping along with the bass. "His voice is so good! I could listen to him forever!" you sighed. Mark looked at you through the rear view mirror, a grin on his face. "Yeah, Nate's pretty good. Not as good as me, though," he boasted. "Oh, God," moaned Bob. Mark then proceeded to open his mouth and out came a sound like... like a dying pterodactyl. Your hands flew to your ears and you laugh a loud laugh, forgetting about Nate again. 

The drive there was easy going and Bob was just as much fun as Mark. You had a good feeling about this that multiplied exponentially when you pulled up to what was apparently Mark's house. It wasn't huge or anything, just so... so much different than that what you lived in with your parents. Bricks were on the sides, a balcony over the door and big, gorgeous windows were everywhere. "It's bigger on the inside," said Mark, climbing out of the car to open the door for you. You thanked him and followed him to the front door. He unlocked it and you followed him close behind. "Mark!" called two voices, one distinctly Irish. A guy with green hair came around the corner and stopped when he saw you. "Who's this?" he asked. His voice was thick with an accent and it was actually kinda sexy. Paired with the bright blue eyes, he was really attractive. "This is (Y/n). It isn't permanent, just until she can get a job and some cash for a place of her own. She's got one hell of a story," Mark explained. He went deeper into the house and you stayed put. looking around. "I'm Sean, but some call me Jack. It's whatever you like," said the man. You faked a smile and said, "You look like a Jack, I guess. The name you're given is much different from the one you're born with. More power, I guess." His head tilted a little to the side. "Don't fake a smile. I want to see the real one. It's just as beautiful as you, I would think," he said softly before walking away. It took you off guard. No one had seen through your smiles before.

"Hey, Mark, I told you to stop picking up fangirls!" yelled another guy. You assumed this was Wade. "She doesn't know who any of us are, moron!" Mark yelled back. "What?" said three voices together. You walked into the kitchen and sat down in one of the chairs in front of the island. Jack stared at you incredulously and Bob's eyes were wide. Mark's smirk was back. "You seriously don't know who we are? Not even me or Mark?" asked Jack, moving closer to you. "Should I?" you retorted playfully. These guys were bringing out more life in you than Nate ever had. Jack had his phone out and up on a video of some sorts in seconds. "Top of the morning to you, laddies, my name is JackSepticEye and welcome back to Five Night's At Freddy's Two!" shouted Jack on the screen. You watched a bit and when he turned it off, your eyes grew wide when you saw the number count below it-- almost 50 million views. "Okay, so maybe you're famous, but who cares? You're still just Jack and just Mark and just Wade and Bob. I don't know any different, but now I'm going to try and watch all the videos now that my parents aren't around."

The four of them laughed collectively and Mark said, "Good try. There's over four thousand in total." You sighed and pulled out the old laptop you had had for almost eight years. A first generation. "Wow, that's so old! I haven't seen one of those in forever! Next thing, you'll be pulling out a Classic iPod!" joked Wade. You silently reached down and put down a Classic iPod. Mark's smirk was still there and Jack laughed. "I had to buy it in secret and download any music with my own money and, once more, in secret," you explained. "Hey, come upstairs and we can watch some if you want or I can lead you on a tour or lend you my laptop," offered Mark. "I don't trust myself to be alone right now." He smiled and went upstairs, leaving his bag on the island. You followed him, choosing to ignore the snickers from the trio behind you.

"Want to start with Five Night's At Freddy's? I am hailed as the king of it."