Chapter 7: Project Kr

Edited On: 5/15/2021

After being silent for over two weeks and receiving less punishments because I spoke out less. Deathstroke finally assigned me a job.

A test job basically and let's just say I nailed it. I got the information before anyone even knew that I was there, or the fact that the information was gone.

Deathstroke was so happy with my compliance he allowed me to have half a scoop of blue ice-cream. Now that was a treat that I rarely got, so I savored it.

And I remained mute, showing compliance and only putting my foot down when I felt it was something I absolutely disagreed with, which was basically killing.

So it came as a surprise when I was given the job of protecting Project Kr and the actual base from any and all intruders.

He didn't tell me what exactly Project Kr was but I already suspected that and knew better than to ask questions. Asking questions got me hurt, and I didn't like the results of being hurt, my back was filled with enough whip scars as it was.

So I really wasn't that shocked when all Deathstroke did was have me suit up and just pulled the cloth over my mouth and nose when Deathstroke handed me a small version of his mask, only instead of orange there was a deep sea color blue.

I had just thrown the arrows over my shoulder after adjusting my mask and strapped my knife to my side. I adjusted the mask again, hating it, because it was like he was marking me.

And I didn't like being marked.

Under the mask plus outfit (just imagine the age difference though):

When Deathstroke deemed I looked acceptable as his apprentice I had to silently follow him all the way down to this place that seemed weird

And had a weird elevator because I could tell this was a two-story building, so why did it have one of those fast elevators.

My answer was given when we stepped into the elevator and went down way below the surface of the earth.

I bit my lip to keep from asking questions and instead followed Deathstroke out where I was handed to some scientist like garbage.

Stifling the growl that felt like it was clawing through my throat, I bit the inside of my mouth, happy that I had the mask and cloth from them seeing what I was doing.

So what felt like months, which was really just two weeks. I just hung in the air vents and kept an eye on the level not even going in Project Kr even when I really wanted to.

I was growing very bored really quickly as I strummed my fingers on my legs and bounced on my heels feeling very restless.

The only time I paused was when I heard three voices that sounded like adolescents. Especially when I heard a familiar, way too familiar, voice.

Dick!

Biting my lip for a second, I zoomed from my perch and quickly opened the door of Project Kr, which was way too easy because I've been stalking the thing and knew the code since the first day.

I quickly ducked inside before I saw a yellow and red zoom just stop short of the doors to quickly stop it from closing.

Inside I barely had time to hide before all three teens, one with gills who I think was Aqualad the protege of Aquaman, Kid Flash who was friends with Dick Grayson-Wayne aka Robin my brother. Who also happened to be here.

Why did my life have to be such a cluster fuck?

Melting in the shadows I finally got a look around and my eyes instantly hardened when I saw exactly what Project Kr was.

Anger was probably what I felt most and I could almost hear the piping that was somehow this far down, almost breaking my clenched fist.

But I can't give myself away, so instead, I took deep calming breaths and made sure I didn't move, which was difficult at times, as I perched in the corner of the cave-like area.

I allowed them to talk while storing things inside my brain even though they said it once, it was sort of a gift. Once someone said something I could just store it and remember it unless I like mentally trashed it.

I felt very worried when they opened the doors of Superman's son's incubation chamber. I readied myself for a fight because if he was anything like I was, he'd panic and start a fight.

I didn't move however until Superboy stepped on Robin's chest and knowing the strength of Superman, let alone his just awakened son, I instantly ran along the side before jumping off it and used my momentum to hit Superboy in the chest with both of my feet.

I had just enough time to flip off him so I didn't land on Robin when Superboy was thrown into the chamber's chair.

I stood in front of Robin defensively as I started down Superboy who cracked his knuckles. I lured Superboy away from Robin who was being lured back awake by Aqualad, who didn't seem to be achieving it, as I nimbly dodged another of Superboy's deranged attacks.

I barely dodged the next strike and heard the swoosh right next to my ear before twisting and kicking Superboy in the chest making him back off for a second before he stalked toward me again.

Feeling nervous as the blank look in his eyes, I dodged the next attack but was not fast enough when Superboy didn't hesitate to punch me hard in the chest as I flew into the wall and felt my arm being broken.

I lost consciousness after that, the last thing I saw was Aqualad attempting to take him on before he too, was being knocked around.