Chapter 2: Where did Foster go?!

Miller wandered around in the vast darkness, nothing to cling to but his own hope for a better life. His rucksack weighed heavily on his back. There was a bunch of thoughts swarming in his mind.

"I have to concentrate on getting somewhere, anywhere," he said to himself. He brushed his hair out of his eyes and felt a empty feeling. He had no home, no friends, no destination except for somewhere that was far away. In the distance he could barely make out the dim headlights of a car, and he could hear the crunching of the wheels on the road. Miller jumped into some bushes nearby to observe the car that was coming to a stop.
The car was filled with very angry boys. They looked 16.
"Where did Foster go?" One of the boys yelled sharply. He had white blonde hair and bright blue eyes.
"That way, I think..." Another boy said while pointing down the street. He looked scared and hurt.
The boy with blonde hair sighed  and started up the car's engine and sped down the street.

     Miller got out of the bushes and brushed off the dirt that was clinging to his knees. He walked down the street. Faster this time, and didn't let his guard down. His fast paced walk turned into a sprint.
And he didn't stop until sunrise.