Please ~ Emilio

Do not be fooled by the title!

* * * * * * * * * *

The country was screeching, crying. He was in pain; anyone could see how he was struggling to free himself from the hands of his captors. Ten men weren't enough to hold him down. He's a country, for crying out loud. He had the strength of dozens of men, and possibly more.

Soldiers were grabbing at him from behind, dragging him away from his fellow country, so he won't reach her, or be able to help her.

A war broke out within the kingdom, whose own flesh and blood came after each other and fought, forgetting the fact that they were even on the same side. He couldn't stand the disunity between them. They were brothers. They weren't supposed to kill all for the sake of who's going to take over the throne.

Brunei was in great pain. She's the embodiment of her country, and the unsightly battle going on had inflicted enough damage on her, that the Filipino feared something bad might happen to her. Or worse.

He writhed and he tried twisting his arms out from their bruising grips. She was breaking, she was falling apart. "Please! Leave her alone!"

His own people against hers.

What had they done? If only he had the power to rise up to Spain, if only he said no, things would've been different.

Clang.

Shink.

Brunei was sinking to her knees, watching her people strike blow after blow. It was horrifying. Her land was covered in the blood of her people, her children.

"No! Stop it!" she would beg, but her words fell on deaf ears.

"Please! Enough!" the country wept, wept for the other. He could only hear Brunei's mourns and see her tears for her men. "Please! Don't do this anymore!"

He would scream, too, but no one heeded his words.

And there, he watched her fall with his own two eyes.

There was no end to his crying.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

  Was it too angsty? Well, here's another version for it!

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

It was a bright, sunny day in the Kingdom of Maynila. The personification of islands where said kingdom was in, was on his way to his friend. He was on a hurry. He just can't wait to tell her the news! "Brunei~!"

"Oh, it's you. What is it?" she turned around to see him, her golden eyes sparkled as she did. Brunei was as pretty as ever, Tawalisi thought. He snapped from his thoughts to show Brunei what he came here for.

"Look what the man from ten years ago gave me! Isn't it cool?" he held the cross to his face so she could see, making her raise her brows. It was made from silver, and was notably shiny. The item must've been really expensive. "And he said he would give me more if I convert to their side!"

"What? What does that even mean?" young Brunei asked him. She tried to make him look her in the eye but his eyes seemed to be fixated on the cross in his hand. He was waiting for his own answer from her.

The male was too busy staring at the gift he received from the Spaniards to hear her question. The cross seemed to be too important for Spain to give it to him. Did Spain think he was worthy enough to keep it? What an honor! "So what do you think?"

"Come on, Felipinas! Let's go so we can baptize you." a heavily armored soldier with pale pink skin ran towards them. Brunei raised a brow.

Felipinas? What a weird name! "You want him to what?"

"We received orders from Spain that we must evangelize the entire islands." he replied. Islands? Did he mean turning them into their side? "If you'll excuse us, we'll be on our way to the church."

"Over my dead body!" the girl balled her fists, a nerve showing on her forehead. She never looked that pissed since Tawalisi pulled a prank on her, which meant that she was actually mad.

"Ah, Brunei, please hear them out." he suggested.

"No way in hell!" it appears to be that she can no longer be reasoned with. She was that mad! He can't risk pissing her off!

"Pretty please?" he tried persuading her, but she was resilient to his pleas.

"It's still a no! You can't make him!" she grabbed his hand, pulling him away from the soldier this so called Spain sent. "And his name is Tawalisi!" she stormed off, with her fellow kingdom in tow.

* * * * * * * *
If anyone asks, this is set during the Castilian war!

There had been a war between the Bruneians and the Spaniards when Spain wanted to evangelize the Philippines. Buuuut that wasn't the main reason why Brunei and Spain fought.

It was because the brother of the reigning sultan wanted to take the throne all for himself, that he and the Spaniards agreed to throw his brother from the throne, which ended up with the Spaniards betraying them and converting the majority of the Filipinos. Spain then had complete control over the islands. Well, not completely!