Awakening

Blood red eyes analyzed the area. These weren't the woods he was familiar with. He roamed the forest with caution, running as if he were a shadow, his face mask and hat still in place. This wasn't supposed to happen, though it wasn't unwelcome. He was a great one, having...done things he didn't fully agree with to attain such a status. The nightmare should have been over, yet here he was, roaming a forest filled with black beasts. The Hunter had finished a small pack of seven of those beasts, seeing with his own eyes as they slowly dissipated. He dusted off his Hunter garbs and continued moving.

The Hunter heard twigs snapping from a few ways forward. If this was still the nightmare then he was to assume everyone was hostile. He had taken to many gambles as even Eileen had given in to madness and attacked. He made his way up a tree with haste, readying his sword as he did so. The steps were louder by the second, the hunter preparing himself each second. What surprised him was the steps were coming from a group of four, strangely dressed teenagers.

The teen in lead was about six feet tall with pale skin and brown hair under a type of hat. She wore a long brown shirt with a dark brown waist cincher. She had dark brown trousers, dark brown boots and many belts at her waist.

The second in line was a dark skinned male with wild red hair and about the same height as the first. He had an small, but toned build, wearing a red cut sleeve, black pants and boots. The Hunter looked at the many scars on the teens arms with sympathy, having many of his own, and saw the boys weapons, red blades strapped to his arms.

The third was a very tall boy, though the Hunter was not impressed, having fought enemies the size two story buildings. This one seemed to be about 7 feet with short black hair. He wore a green short sleeve robe over one shoulder which covered a black shirt. He had brown pants with black and green boots, a large orange sword on his back.

The last was another girl about five foot six inches. She had brown eyes and long brown hair. The Hunter didn't pay attention to anything else as he saw a set of rabbit ears, twitching and moving. He jumped from his branch, intent on bringing his sword down.

The red haired one suddenly looked up, revealing white eyes. The boy was blind, the Hunter should have taken his other senses into account. He jumped to meet the hunter, the hunter switching his attack from a stab to a slash. His attack was powerful and sent the boy down at high speeds, making him bounce on impact and roll a bit, his actions alerting the rest.

As the Hunter landed, he dodged a hard punch coming from the tall man. He quickly countered, sending a quick slash at him, but getting surprised as the boy winced, but there was no visible damage. He was almost taken out from behind as the supposed leader swung a bag at him, he dodged, not wanting to take a gamble on whether it would hurt or not. He ducked under another swing, hearing a sword unsheathe and remembering the big fellow. He quickly jumped away, putting his own sword into his large sheathe, hearing a click.

The teens looked at the Hunter strangely, him having sheathed his sword. Then he pulled the sheathe up, revealing it to just have become a larger blade. The Hunter rushed at the tall one, back stepping before a swing hit and jumping forward to slash him, a large cut visible on his torso. He wouldn't die, but he would stop.

'What the f-he knocked Yatsuhashi's aura down with two slashes?!' The leading girl thought, "Why are you attacking us?!" She yelled.

"You travel with a beast." The Hunter said looking directly at the girl with rabbit ears, her wincing as he did so. "You've all likely caught the disease by now." The leader grit her teeth as her bag began expanding and morphing until it was a Gatling gun.

"Velvet is NOT a beast!" She yelled, "YATSUHASHI!"

At that sound, the big teen leaped away, collapsing again as the other girl treated his wounds. The leaders gun began to rotate, the Hunter being in enough situations to see what would happen. As it began to fire, he began running behind trees for cover, the trees being taken out as well. There was a brief stop.