Chapter Five

Five people voted
A. 1
B. 1
C. 3
Kenny will get away from him
---------------------------------------------------
I don't shake his hand. Instead, I begin backing away from him before finally turning and running. Following the river, I zig zag between trees. I briefly look back only to run into something and fall. Looking up I see him looking down at me.

"You humans always run from things."

"Wha-... us humans?"

He had been smiling, but suddenly his face drops. "Shit..." The tree branches and what leaves remain on them rustle as a breeze rolls by. Grigori looks up and around. "We'll talk later Kenny," he begins walking away,"and don't let anyone know you saw me."

Confused, I just stare at him, but when I blink he's gone.

I lay there in the dead leaves. Half of my brain wants to sleep while the other half wants to figure out what just happened. Eventually I do rise. It's around this time that I hear more yelling from Deerwood.

Mom's home.

The yelling disappears as I walk, but only moments later I hear a crash from the house and more yelling. Before I can react I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I jump and spin around to see a woman.

"Wh-"

"Have you seen a man named Grigori?"

"I-"

She pulls a revolver out of the back of her pants. "I'm going to want you to answer honestly."

The yelling continues behind me. The woman's eyes don't seem focused on me, and her gun is pointed towards the ground. From my house I hear someone yell, "Goddamnit!"
---------------------------------------------------
A. Answer truthfully, stay in the woods
B. Lie, stay in the woods
C. Answer truthfully, investigate the house
D. Lie, investigate the house
E. Ask her why she wants to know