Separated

Kain's P.O.V

We flew on for a while after we left the frost lake. We flew over mostly white trees and frost covered grass. Once we came to a spring that ran constantly so it never froze over, We took ice cold drinks of water. It tasted sweet like strawberries. It was freezing cold though. Once we had all gotten our drinks we got back on Briggen and Aradace. I said to Briggen "What do you think is going to happen once we reach the lake? Do you think we will find the Ice dragons?" Briggen didn't say anything for a minute but suddenly he said "Yes, I do think we will find the Ice dragons. I think we will find people too. I feel that we will need to prepare ourselves for the worst." I thought over that. I have forgotten that not all people are thrilled to have a queen or a king. We will just need to show them. Prove to them that not all kingdoms are bad, or totally consuming. O smiled slightly at the picture that I suddenly got in my head. I saw Haven talking to villagers and telling them about the wonders her queen and king have brought. Telling them about the wonders that some people brought when they cared. I was brought back to reality when I felt a deep rumble beneath me. I noticed we had been flying for some time and we were now a few miles into a huge white, deserted, barren tundra. I saw not a soul. But I realize that Briggen has smelt or sensed a presence that was not ours. I looked over at Aradace. She was still flying calmly. But if you looked closer, you could see Aradace bring out her claws and snarl silently. I wondered what the dragons were seeing, or smelling. I looked at Haven. She was now standing on Aradace's neck. She was looking around. I suddenly realized that Haven was using her bond with Aradace. Haven was seeing and smelling through Aradace. I looked down at Briggen and told him briefly what was happening to the two next to us. He agreed and after a brief moment I suddenly could see way farther than I have ever seen. I looked around and noticed movement. We were being followed. I took a deep breathe. It smelt foul, like burnt flesh. Which was ironic since we were in the middle of a vast white tundra. I heard a voice just then. It wasn't from below it was in my head. I heard Haven. She said "I need you two to fly ahead as fast as you can. There is a mountain ridge that you'll be safe at. We will be right behind you." I nodded and Haven said "one, two... Three!" I power I have never felt from Briggen spurred beneath me. We went so fast everything was a blur. We reached the ridge on record time and me and Briggen pressed against the ridge and camouflaged ourselves. We looked out to where we saw red. We watched as white objects flew at them. I saw a brief moment of panic and then fire. I saw a lot of fire. I then saw Aradace flying around in circles. I knew she was looking for something. She stopped and hovered and then she flew towards us. She got bigger and bigger until we could see Aradace fully. We came out and after a second our bodies we're back to normal. Aradace landed and wailed the most pitiful, most sad noise I've ever heard. I noticed that on her back there was a deep wound it was a mix of red flesh and on the edges there was white. I noticed secondly the precious cargo that was missing. I looked towards Aradace. Briggen was cleaning her wound and after a while it started to heal. I remembered briefly what Metin had said about soulmates. I looked out into the tundra. I sat down and listened to Aradace wail her depressed wail. After a moment I then listened to both Aradace and Briggen who wailed into the night over their lost Queen. I could feel inside my being all the dragons who were wailing into the night over their queen who was now lost. I knew we had to find her. I wouldn't give up! I will find her. I knew who had set this trap up. There was only a few people who knew we were trying to find dragons. Mabuz probably spied on us and found out where we were going. I yelled as loudly as I could "MABUZ" When I yelled that I heard everything still. Nothing moved at all. The wind stopped and the creatures ceased their noise. The birds stopped screaming and dragons stopped moving. I looked at the two dragons that were now in my care. I had a feeling that Haven knew it this tragedy. I didn't panic. I was utterly and terrifyingly calm. I looked at Briggen. The deep sorrow and pain. I saw how his scales shifted in anger and how his scales steamed. I then looked at Aradace. She had a huge sadness and regret and anger in her eyes. She was steaming and for a moment I was scared that her scaled body would catch on fire. Her four long clawed feet sank into the ground and There was a huge circle around her of melted snow and ice. She wailed one more time into the completely silent night. Even the stars seemed to pulse in sadness. We found a cave in the ridge we were on. I was put into the back of the cave while Aradace was pressed gently against me and Briggen stood guard against the entrance to camouflage the entrance. I fell into a deep troubled sleep. Fighting off dragons to save Haven.