Chapter 1

Today was the first day of 9th grade. This is my second year as a new student so I know how others feel when they don't know anyone except one of your old school friends that follows you to school. In my case it was Zach.

Zach was a basketball player in my old school. He played in this school but wasn't in the team. He annoyed me so much in 7th grade due to the act he didn't study so he would copy of my test. Usually this would be in English and Science because the test where "hard" in these two subjects.

I proved this hard theory to be wrong because when I moved to my new school, High Wood Christian School, the test where more complex in every subject and it was harder for Zach to cheat of me. So he managed to learn the word study exist. He doesn't do it so frequently but he still does it.

Anyway it was back to school for me. Summer was pretty boring due to the fact I didn't see any of my friends and I only got time to hang out once with Claire. We had a sleepover in my house and we watched a play. She really loves those types of things. I have to admit I thought I wouldn't like it but it wasn't that bad. We also got to see Back to the Future, one of my favorite movies of all time.

As I walked out of the car and carried my red book bag. I placed it down and saw now sign of my best friend, Vanessa. I met her the first day of school. I was talking to Alison and she introduced me to Vanessa and Emily. Vanessa was quiet in that moment. She didn't speak much but Emily asked me many questions. By this point I got along with Emily more then Alison so I began hanging out more with Vanessa and Emily then Alison. So are four group of friends, half the semester split into two. Me and Vanessa; Emily and Alison. I still talked to them but not as much as Vanessa.

I thought Vanessa was kinda cute being silent and small the first day I met her but it was a Christian School so she possibly couldn't feel the same way towards me. I had a lot in common with her. I do agree she was addicted to video games and I wasn't, but I think that's why we got along. She was silent and I talked a lot. She was addicted to video games and I wasn't. This made me interested in her because I got to school with a new story or topic to chat with her about.

I walked towards the lunchroom and she wasn't there. As I was walking back I heard my name.

" Denise" screamed Vanessa.

She attacked me in a hug which I accepted. I let go of her and she looked at me.

" I haven't seen you all summer. How are you?" She asked me as we began to walk and talk.

I have to admit I thought my affections for her would leave but seeing her perfect face right now in this moment brought my emotions sky rocketing again. She so beautiful. I thought not seeing her in the summer would help but it just makes me want to kiss her right now.

We kept chatting and walking till the bell rang and we had to go to our first class, Spanish. I hated the language and what was worse that Vanessa's mom was the Spanish teacher. I know Vanessa's mom thinks I am a bad influence towards her daughter due to the fact I don't like dresses and I never wear make up only to activities.

As I grabbed my book bag and went upstairs. I entered greeted by Mrs. Richwood. I couldn't call her by her name due to the fact she was a teacher and not a mother at this precise moment. She had assigned seats so I was sat on the second row 5th chair. In front of me was Victor. He was Zach's friend and he was born on the same day as me. In front of Victor was Vanessa. She was divided from me by a tall dude. Good part was Victor played basketball so he doesn't come to school a lot. Meaning I get to sit behind Vanessa. Alison was sitting one seat in front on the third row. So she was close to Vanessa. Emily was on the fifth row across Vanessa. So she could also talk to her. Why was I the only one away from her sight? Did her mom do this on purpose? Did her mom hate the fact we where friends? While all these questions ran through my head I wondered if Vanessa was also thinking this? If she was why wouldn't have she been upset with her mom?