Chapter 2

I woke up to my beeping alarm clock. I stretched out of bed and got my clothes ready for school. I got in the shower and began making the water warm. As I stood there staring at the shower ,drip high pressure water against the floor, I began thinking of how I was going to be able to not kiss Vanessa's face. As I realized it was getting later I took a shower and ignored my thoughts . I got ready for school ad it was already 5:30am.

My mom and brother would wake up in 15 minutes so I decided to go to my room and just lay in bed reading fan-fictions. I was definitely addicted, still am, to Starco. I have to admit every time I saw them or see them I feel like that was me and Vanessa; best friends that one has feelings for another but the other doesn't know. If only my life was as easy as a cartoon and in that precise moment my mom barged in through the room screaming wake up. I was already awake so it was a pointless way to try and wake me up. She huffed knowing I didn't get startled by her ridiculous barging out break. I waited for her to leave as I went out and made breakfast for myself. I got all my things ready and went towards the car. I waited there for my mom and brother to feel like showing up when they wanted to. This was practically my daily morning schedule, just that sometimes I would wake up to them screaming because my alarm failed in doing its job to wake me up. As I was writing on my iPod how I wish things would be between me and Vanessa my mother came out the door with my stubborn brother behind. They got in the car and I knew there and then her ranting was going to begin and I was right.

" Denise you should be more like your brother, responsibility is everything, grades are future..." The demon herself spoke with her devil eyes, filled with anger, staring and eating my soul piece by piece.

I placed my headphones and ignored her until we where in front of school. School to me is my get away from problems. I get to hang with friends and not care that my mother lashes out at me in the mornings everyday for no reason. As I see the school get closer and closer I take off my headphones and the sound of my mother still complaining entered my ears. She finally entered the round about and I got down immediately. I grabbed my bag and walked to my classroom. I walked towards Vanessa, who was leg crossed, playing video games, in front of the lab. I placed my book bag beside her and sat leg crossed in front of her.

My god, she looked so cute. If it wasn't because her mom worked here or that it was a Christian school or that people don't consider it to be "right" a girl kissing a girl, I would have already kissed her cheek every time I saw her or pecked her lips as a sign of goodbye or hugged her every second I possibly could to smell the fragrance of her hair and feel the warmth of her body against mine in a tight embrace. I noticed I was daydreaming right in front of her. I didn't realize I was staring at her play video games and hadn't said a single word. I probably look like a stalker or something. I don't know what to say? If I say anything she might lose in the game and hate me for life and if I don't say anything I look like I got no conversation to talk to her about. Wait why am I stressing over this? Why not just ask her? Why didn't I think of that earlier?

" Can you talk while playing a game because if not I'll keep quiet for you not to lose?" I asked her.

She didn't respond until she realized I was talking to her. Was she really into the game or was she thinking of something else?

" It depends. I usually can but if it's a boss level I might not respond or pay attention to you at all. It's not intentional. If you want you can stop being my friend since I'm addicted to video games" she said to me.

I couldn't believe what she just said. My mouth staid open. She looked at me with her eyes but her head still looking down. She looked back down and turned off her phone. She lifted her knees up to her face. I still was in shock. Did she just said to stop being her friend because she plays video games to much? She did. Holy shit, she did just say that. No words came out of my mouth at this point.