Chapter 5

As I stared at Mrs. Richwood looking with rage at the site of Vanessa and me together in bed, Vanessa tightened her grip around me. Now I was no longer the frightened one but Vanessa. I kept a close eye on Mrs. Richwood as she walked towards us slowly. She sat next to us and Vanessa stayed looking at her in fear while I stood my grounds. Vanessa opened her mouth but no words came out. Mrs. Richwood was then the one to speak.

" What are you doing here?"

     Vanessa looked up at me and I nodded. It was a sort of comfort for her to know she had me there. I was like her lawyer in her being guilty of a crime. She would look at me to know if I should answer any questions her mom would ask.

" I'm staying with Denise" Vanessa said very low but affirmative about her response.

     Mrs. Richwood looked at her confused and a bit with anger. She then got up and got closer to us. I held Vanessa as she shook, in my arms, because of fear of what her mom might do.

" You are my daughter and you are underage so you belong to me. You follow my rules. You live in my house. You do as I say" said Mrs. Richwood with anger. " We are leaving, lets go Vanessa"

     Vanessa was getting up and I looked at her confused. I held her arm and she looked at my eyes. Tears streaming down her eyes making my eyes tear up. She loosened my grip and began to walk away. I got up immediately and ran after her. She was in front of my aunt's house about to get in her mom's car.

" Vanessa!" I screamed at her while breathing fast.

     She looked at me and back at her mother.

" Get in Vanessa!" Mrs. Richwood said as Vanessa looked back at me.

     I ran to her and before she could sit in the seat I grabbed her by her waist. Tears streaming down my and her eyes.

" Don't go" I pleaded to her as I rested my head on top of hers.

     She began to cry more and all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms without her letting go. She began to say no and pushed me away. She looked at me sadly and got in her mom's car. The car then drove fast away.

     No one really realized except me that in that moment my heart was taking away with the one I love. I was a heartless and soulless person unable to live without her.

     I walked inside and went up the stairs. I threw myself on the bed face down and cried on my pillow.

***

     I wasn't focused on the time or the day but if I'm correct it was Sunday.  Aunt Claire came in some times to check up on me but I was always the same. Last time I saw Vanessa was Friday and I haven't seen her ever since. She hasn't been able to text so I'm supposing her mom took away her phone. She could be getting hurt or worse and I let her go.

'I promised I would protect her but instead I didn't. The love of my life was driven away and I did nothing. Nothing!'

     As these thoughts passed my head I was also thinking of how would Monday play off. First off I haven't talked to Mrs. Richwood so that's going to be a heck of a show. Second off I don't know how I'll react to see Vanessa. After all I still love her and I want to be with her. Third off I haven't been myself lately so I might act differently.

     Sunday was another regular day of me not coming out of my room and doing nothing.

***

     Monday showed up and I woke up and got dressed. I fixed myself up to hide the fact I had been crying for a while looking dead inside and outside. I grabbed my bookbag and walked to school. As I was walking I was thinking of all the possible things I could do or say in school and regardless of what happened I was prepared to end up in the office with the principle. As I entered school I walked upstairs and placed my bag in front of the classroom. Immediately I heard Mrs. Richwood walking up the stairs and I began to walk quickly the opposite way but I was too late she reached the top of the stairs and saw me walking away.

" Denise" she said I tried to ignore the fact she called me but then I heard Vanessa call my name and I stopped and turned around.

     I saw Mrs. Richwood standing there and Vanessa facing the floor next to her. Mrs. Richwood waved at me to come near her but all I wanted to do was run the other way. I walked towards her and we entered the science classroom were she gave her first class, being us. She locked the door and told me to sit down. All I was thinking about was that this was going to go so badly. Vanessa sat across me and looked at her mom.

" This can never happen again. Your like my daughter Denise and this can't happen again" she said this but deep down I know all she wanted to do was tackle me and strangle me to death.

     I looked at Vanessa and then back at Mrs. Richwood. I was about to nod but not a truthful nod when Vanessa spoke.

" You can't keep me away from her. I want to be with her. Why can't you see that?" asked Vanessa.

     I know this was a very bad time to bring it up but I had to I was uncertain of what Vanessa was thinking right now.

" Then why did you leave when she came?" I asked her with a face of sadness and watery eyes.

     She didn't expect this response and neither did Mrs. Richwood but by the looks of it Vanessa looked heartbroken seeing me so vulnerable and unable to breath or live without her. In that moment she knew I truly loved her and wanted to be with her.

" I left because..." she hesitated before she spoke again. " I was afraid I was not good for you. That I would only bring you sadness. I'm worth nothing to anyone and your the only one who doesn't see that. Your unique special and one of a kind and why would you want to be with someone as worthless and disappointing as me?" she asked.

     I looked at Mrs. Richwood and around the room. I got up and walked towards her. She stood up but expecting a goodbye from me or slap. I grabbed her waist and pushed her close to me. Her face showed shock and Mrs. Richwood look like she wanted to murder me. I then pecked her soft gentle lips.

" Because I love you and I want to be with you till the end. Your worth something to me and to all your friends. You shine every second and you don't even know your shinning" I said to her right before Mrs. Richwood got near us.

     She pushed us away and Vanessa wouldn't stop staring at me in awe. Mrs. Richwood controlled her anger and spoke once again.

" You will not hang out with her or be with her as long as I live" she said. "Now leave" she said as she pointed towards the door.

     I turned around but then heard Vanessa speak.

" You can't leave" she said and I turned around to face them.

     Mrs. Richwood looked at Vanessa like she was going to kill her if she said another word against her.

" Why is that" spat out Mrs. Richwood.

     Vanessa looked at me and ran towards me. She jumped and I picked her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist.

" You forgot something" she said as she kissed me.

     I brought her body closer to me and didn't let her leave for one second. Mrs. Richwood wanted to breath fire at us or take out a gun and shoot me but I didn't care if she did. I was with Vanessa and no one or nothing could stop our love. That kiss made the difference to everything. That kiss showed me she was in for all the troubles after that. That kiss made every moment worth fighting for her. That kiss was it. That kiss was the end to the beginning of our story.

Fin.