1: First Day

[It is the start of a new school year at John Quincy Adams Middle School. Lily, Danny and Brandon are sitting in their first class of the day, waiting for the teacher to arrive.]

"And then in middle school she..." Danny continues one of the many stories he has heard about the teacher, as a group of students huddle around him, intently listening to his every word.

Brandon and Lily were the only two people in the classroom not listening to Danny, since they've already heard all of the stories.

"Hey," Brandon says, as he taps on Lily's shoulder to make her turn around. "Are you excited to start middle school?"

"I'm another step closer to college, so yes," Lily answers.

"C'mon," Brandon smirks. "This is when we start getting more freedom. We can have more fun, and hang out with new people."

"I guess so," Lily mumbles, as she turns back around towards the front of the room.

"Hey, what wrong?" Brandon asks, getting up from seat and moving it closer to Lily's desk.

Lily shyly looks up at Brandon. "Ever since I skipped ahead a grade, I've had a hard time making new friends."

"You have me and Danny."

"We were practically forced to become friends. What if you guys start liking other people?"

"I will always like you," Brandon smiles, as he puts his hand on Lily's.

Lily turns a light red, as she looks down at Brandon's hand and then up at him.

Once Lily's eyes meet Brandon's he looks down at their hands and quickly lets go. "I meant that we will... like... you know... always be friends," Brandon nervously recovers.

The bell rings and Brandon takes that as a chance to go back to his desk.

"Then she takes everyone's homework, climbs on top of a desk," Danny explains to the crowd of students, as he stands up on his desk to recreate the scene. "And she pulls out-"

"Danny?" A voice from the entrance of the class asks.

Danny shyly smiles, upon seeing who called out his name and responds, "yes, Aunt Maya?"

"Get off of the desk," she orders.

Danny complies and gets down from the desk, while all of the other students quickly find their own.

"Welcome to sixth grade history, everyone. I am your teacher, Mrs. Matthews-Hart-Hunter."

[Lily, Danny and Brandon are at their final class of the day, which is also taught by Maya.]

"I look forward to seeing all of the wonderful artwork you make throughout the year. I'll see you all tomorrow," Maya announces, as the final bell of school rings.

All of the students, except for Lily, Danny and Brandon, rush out of the classroom as fast as they can.

"Ready?" Danny asks the other two. "I think my dad is waiting for us outside."

Just then Zay walks into the classroom.

"Zay, what are you doing here?" Maya inquires.

"I just came to pick up the kids," he responds. "How was the first day?"

"Pretty good... Today started off with me having to tell a student to get off of a desk."

Zay shakes his head in disapproval. "Some parents just don't know how to discipline their children."

"It was Danny," Maya laughs.

"Oh," Zay mutters. "Well you try having a child."

"Despite the many times Riley and I have tried, so far we've had no luck getting each other pregnant," Maya sarcastically remarks.

"Right," Zay replies, pursing his lips. "Have you and Riley ever thought about adopting?"

"Not really. Right now we are focused on our jobs and each other."

"Well if you two ever change your minds, I'm sure you would make great mothers," Zay says.

[Later that night...]

"What does it say?"

"Positive."

"That's the third one... I think it would safe to say-"

"I'm pregnant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Yay, first chapter! Hope you guys liked it. Someone is pregnant, but who?  What are your first impressions of the kids?

In other news... I was pretty sure that this was going to be the last book I made, but this morning I woke up with an idea that I really like for a new Rilaya book... So I'll keep you guys updated on that...