Chapter 1:The Kidnapping

A tall man pranced into the mushroom cafe. Large vines swayed on every wall. The man looked up at the hole in the spongelike ceiling. Wind flipped the man's reddish mane to and fro. He smiled and ran a hand through it, fixing it to the correct parting. The man pranced to the front of the line. He eyed the menu, posted above the counter. Your stereotypical worker stood behind the dirt counter.

"Hello, welcome to The Mushroom Cafe, where everything is wonderous,"The worker said, he let out a loud sigh, and looked to the clock on the far side of the resteraunt,"May I take your order?"

The man leaned on the dirt counter, his long white gloves pressed into the mud, getting his fancy gloves all muddy.

"Ah yes,"Said the man with the white gloves,"I'd like a Mingling Molten Mushroom bowl!"

"May I have a name Sir?"The worker asked.

"Yeeeas, the name is Tad, Rad Tad," Tad said. He smiled, showing all his pearly whites.

"I ain't saying Rad Tad, is Tad okay?"The worker said. He reached underneath the counter and pulled out a number on a long stick. He passed it to Tad.

"Yes,"Tad said through gritted teeth,"Tad is fine." He yanked the number out of the workers hand and went to find a seat.

Within a few minutes, Tad's food was ready. The worker brought it out to him with a yawn. He slammed the bowl of soup down on the table. Tad flinched. The worker left Tad alone without another word. Tad brushed the worker off his shoulders. He rubbed his hands together, and then pulled off each white glove with great care. Then he picked up the wooden spoon and dived into the stew. An expolosion of mushrooms filled his mouth. Tad stuck out his tongue. The stew tasted odd, almost as odd as his boyfriend Todd. He pinched his nose shut, as the smell of burning mushroom lingered in his flared nostrills. "AAACCHHOO!"Sneezed Tad. Boogers propelled into the large wooden bowl. Tad leaped out of the chair. "WORKER WORKER!"He screamed,"THERE'S LARGE GREEN BOOGERS IN MY MINGLING MOLTEN MUSHROOM BOWL!" Tad waved his hand in the air trying to get the worker's attention. The worker marched over and slammed his hands on the table.
"What. Do. You. Want?!"He yelled. The worker looked as though he would expload any minute.

Tad sunk into his chair.

"There's a booger in my stew,"He said as quiet as a mouth.

The worker held his hand up as if he were about to slap Tad.

Tad whimpered like a sad little puppydog. "If you won't give me a refund I'll just take my business elsewhere!"Tad cried. He used his white glove, and dabbed at his eyes with the glove. The worker reached over Tad and grabbed the bowl he then rushed away saying,"Leave, you are now banned from The Mushroom Cafe!"

Tad gasped, but knew better than to stay any longer. He pulled his white gloves on, and rushed out of the resteraunt. Slamming the door.

The streets of Castle Village were deserted. The lights were all out. Tad looked at the clock positioned on the side of the mountain, just beneath the castle. It was midnight. He glided down the road, his long green trench coat flowed out behind him, waving in the wind.

Crunch, crunch. The sound of someone walking on the old fallen leaves grazed Tad's ears. He turned to look but no one was there.

"Hello?"He asked. He shook in his boots. No answer.

Tad continued on his way, less merry than before. He looked this way and that, with every step he took. His teeth chattered. He clenched and unclenched his fists. Shivering in the cold fall air. The only light on the street was that of the silver crescent moon. Clouds drifted past the moon, turning the street dark black.

The crunching sound returned. Tad turned, but couldn't see a thing.

BAM!

Tad fell to the floor.