Dexven - Meant To Be

RAVEN

   Every girl in school was going insane over this new boy, especially Apple, my roommate. She talked about him every day and night, and once she even talked about him in her sleep! Yuck! It was getting to be too much.

"I wish he would just talk to me!" Apple whined as she brushed her light blonde locks.

"Why don't you just, I don't know... talk to him?" I ask her.

"He's always busy, and other girls have their eyes on him. A lot of other girls. That just makes me more attracted to him though... uh!" She flops down on her bed.

"So? Why don't you just ask him out? He doesn't have a girlfriend, does he?

"No, but that's beside the point."

I sighed. I will never understand royal princesses.

   Later that day, I was walking to my locker after school when a hoard of girls pushed by me and ran down the hallway screaming, "Daring!"

I groaned. It was that new boy, again.

I slumped down on a bench, beside a boy I didn't recognize. I rolled my eyes, as I saw Apple run up to join the other blushing girls. 

"Don't like Daring?" the boy beside me suddenly asked.

I turned to look at him. "Nope," I said flatly. 

"I'm kinda surprised... that there is actually a girl at this school with a brain," he stuttered as he spoke. Was I making him nervous?

I chuckled and turned to look at him. He was wearing black glasses and a blue blazer with golden trim. His brown hair was messy, but somehow still cute? I shook the thought out of my head as quickly as it came.

"He's not my type. I'm more of a nerdy guy, gal?" I stammered. That was just something about this guy... I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Dexter," he smiled at me.

"Raven." I took a death breath, before continuing. "Raven Queen."

 He just stared at me. He didn't get up and run, and he didn't seem afraid. Wow, this was a first. And also the longest conversation a guy has willingly had with me.

"You're not going to run away? I might cast a curse on you," I half-heartedly joked.

"Nah, you don't seem like the type. Also, you're pretty." His cheeks flushed bright red. "Uh, what?! I gotta... go." He grabbed his bag and dashed off.

I sat there, just thinking. I was in shock. No guy had ever spoken to me like that before.

"He called me pretty," I murmured to myself. "He called me pretty."

   That night, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I was going through our conversation in my head, over and over again.

"Dexter," I muttered as I rolled a red-delicious apple between my hands on my rooms balcony ledge. "He asked if I liked Daring... why would he?" 

Suddenly it hit me.

"He wanted to know if I liked Daring... because he wanted to know if I'm single!" I realized excitedly. I accidentally let go of the apple and it rolled off the balcony. Ops. 

"Was I that obvious..." I heard someone grumble, followed by an... "Ow!"

"Oh my gosh, I am sorry.  Are you okay?" I asked as I peered over the balcony. I couldn't see them, so I leaned forward even more. Suddenly, I slipped right over the balcony railing! My room is only on the third storey, so I don't know if the fall will kill me, but if not, I will most definitely be in a ton of pain.