Take A Chance - Part 2

/\ Lennox above

I looked up at the clock, getting anxious. Soon the clock struck four o' clock.

Soon the doorbell rang and I rang full force to the door, and pulled it open. Outside stood Stryker and Lennox. Stryker held a large black teddy bear that was almost as big as he was.

Len was laughing at Stryker at the fact that Stryker was struggling with the teddy bear. "You boys seem happy."

"Oh, hey Mama." Len ran in and hugged me. "Stryker took me to the carnival and I won this bear."

"Hey, bud I told you to call me Dad."

Len turned to Stryker. "First, only Mama calls me Bud. And Second you have to work for the title of Dad." Len then smiled and held out his hands.

"Aww." Stryker mumbled. Leaning in to give Len a hug.

Len stepped back and looked at the man. "What are you doing?" Len asked.

"I'm hugging you."

"I didn't want you to hug me, I wanted you to pass me my teddy bear." Lennox said using his fingers in a beckoning motion.

Stryker unwillingly handed the teddy bear over to his son. Len stumbled with the bear into the house.

"I thought I told you to bring him back at one." I asked, crossing my arms and tapping my foot.

"Sorry we kind of....got stuck in traffic." He nervously laughed. "I don't think he likes me too much."

"Yeah."

I scrutinized him carefully before deciding to believe him. "Ok, I'll believe you but I'm still angry. You messed up my birthday plans for Len. We had a reservation for three."

"Oh."Stryker whispered rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm sorry."

"You better be... but I guess all is well since he's back." I glanced in the house. "Well, I guess you can come get him again on the..."

Suddenly a hand was on my chin and the next thing I knew Stryker was kissing me. I tried not to feel anything but being this close was starting to erupt feelings I wanted to forget.

I raised my hand and slapped him which caused him to pull back.

Stryker glanced up at me, his dark green eyes staring into the depth of my soul. "I know you hate me but how about you take a chance and give me a chance?" He mumbled.

"Umm...Stryker.."

"I know I hurt you but I'm gonna do everything I can to show you that I've changed. So how about it?"

I slowly pushed him and and closed the door slightly. " I'll think about it..."

I closed the door a bit further. "In a few centuries or so."

"But we won't be alive at that..."

"Exactly." I said closing my door in his face.

I placed my back against the cool wooden door. My mind was swirling with thoughts, I hated that feeling especially the fact that it was for Stryker.

"Mama, you alright?"

I glanced over at Lennox. "I'm fine baby. Where do you want to go for you're birthday?"

"Cheesecake Factory and then Ice skating!" He giggled.

"Of course, sweetie. It's your special day, you're turning the big 1..0. We'll do anything you want to do today."

"Yayy!!"

He ran off for his coat.

I slowly gathered my thoughts and placed Stryker at the very back of them. Today was my son's birthday and I should focus all my attention on him.