chapter nine: The outcome

Deavon's pov:

There was a feeling in my stomach, the type that screams at you that something is going to happen. "-evon. Deavon!" my mother waved her hands in my face.

I snapped out of my thoughts and realized she was talking to me. "Sorry mom I was lost in thought" I sighed and scratched the back of my head.

She gave a small laugh "its fine but your phone is ringing" she handed me my vibrating phone. I gave her a small thankful nod and answered it.

I could feel my face go pale and that feeling in my stomach got worse. My heart felt as if it would break as I listen to the man speak

"sir, it is the police, we found this paper with your number inside the child's pocket... sir, there was a shooting... we are ganna need you or a parent to sign these papers right away so we can continue to perform the surgery" and with that he hung up

. My mom looked at me with concerned "what's wrong?" Almost unable to fathom what I was just told "chr..dev..hostpi...they are ganna die mom..." my eyes weld up but before I could cry my mother slapped me.

"No! Don't think that way! Let's go get our babies" she said with a smile, I could tell she was scared too but her attitude made me smile.

(10 mines and a crazy driver later)

Practically running into the hospital I only had to give them my name. "We've been waiting for you" a woman with long red hair that goes a little past her butt led us to the waiting room.

She handed my mother some forms, not wasting anytime she go on it. I looked at the nurse with worried eyes "h-how are they?" my words came out as a cry.

The nurse smile "they will make it, I'm praying for them. Doesn't worry God have your boyfriend and his brothers back" and with that my mother handed her the forms and she left.

My mother watched the women leave "wow" was all she could say at the woman's kindness. Somehow what the nurse said gave me encouragement, not a lot of Christians would pray for a gay person, it touched my heart and I had hoped to talk to her sometime.

It seemed like days that they had been out there, I knew it only had been a few hours though. My eyes felt heavy and I rested my head against my mom's shoulder. Soon sleep took over.

Light shined through the window of the waiting room, there was a different nurse this time and she came to us "sorry hon, you both have been here for a long time.

But hey saving lives take quite a while especially when u have a bullet near your vital organs" she laughed a little but her humor was dry. Mother just stared at her with a bored expression.

The nurse gave an awkward smile and waved us up, she lead us to a room with two beds. There lied Chris near the window and Alec nears the door.

"Alec! Chris!" I went between the beds and toke both their hands. Before I could command them to wake up the nurse from last night came in "Susan I got it" she smiled and the grumpy rude nurse left.

We found out the nurses name was Deana and she would be taking care of us from now on. "Well let's get down to business, everything went down quite well, unfortunately there might be some memory loss... or they might not wake up for a few weeks".

I gapped at her "but you said they would be alive!" she nodded and checked Alec's vitals "and they are, you can't lose faith now though, god has brought them as far as possible, it's their choice now whether they want to wake up".

I looked at her confused "...how can a Christian pray to a god who hates gays?" I asked in a serious question. I have always been atheist every sense I was brought up with my older brother being a homophobe.

The red headed person smiled kindly as she checked Chris's vitals now "God does not hate gay people; he says he loves all his children.

He doesn't exclude gay people, yes he may not like it but he is our father. He still loves us even if we aren't straight, no matter the 'sin' God still can forgive anyone and let us into his kingdom" she finished and checked both their charts.

"I hope that makes sense" she smiled and started to leave "I won't stop praying for you three" and with that she left. My mouth was gapped open, something inside me felt at peace.

Chris groaned as his eyes fluttered open, he mouthed the words water. He wasn't allowed water so I handed him so ice, he sucked on the cool frozen cycle for a while. Looking over at his brother he had tears in his eyes.

"i-im sorry" he cried out hugging me, I looked at him like he was foolish "shhh baby no it's okay, it's not your fault". "b-but daddy said he hated me" his hands tightened around my shirt.

"No, he didn't mean it. Chris look at me" he shook his head but I titled it so his tearful eyes looked into mine. "He was an angry man, not with you but with himself.

When you're angry with yourself you take it out on other people. He doesn't hate you, if anything he loved you. He hated himself". Chris looked at me like he was looking for the truth in my words.

I nodded my head and he let out a breath he had been holding in. "d-deavon... I love you... you're like a dad to me..." than he drifted off the sleep. That little emotional moment must have worn him out.

I stroked his hair, 'man' I thought 'me a father?... I guess I'm okay with it. Ha-ha and Alec is the mom. We are like one perfect family' chuckling at my own thoughts.

knew I was young but being a father with Alec and taking care of Chris was the best thing I could think about. Of course my mother would be the legal gaurdian but she would be out alot.

I got excited just thinking about it. I looked over at alec and sighed, for the first time i prayed asking God if he was real to wake alec up soon.

If he doesn't wake up in the next few weeks the doctor said he will be in a coma. All we could do was wait it out, all I could do is be there for Chris.

(Authors note: hey guys! sorry about the wait!~ I know as a reader its a pain in the ass of the author doesn't post within the month and if the story isn't that good you kind of give up on it. BUuuuuuUUUUt for all you whom had stayed with me!~ good news is my writers block is gone!~ the only reason I cut it short was for a cliffhanger xD soo on a side note will alec wake up!!!??? Or will deavon have to take care of chris on his own? am I that cruel? ;) maybe)