𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓.

✦ Hello Beautiful Person
First of all, I'd like to thank you for clicking on this book and giving it a chance.  It means the ABSOLUTE world to me! 🌍

Secondly, this book was ORIGINALLY written back in 2016.  Reading through it made me cringe so much but people seemed to enjoy the book and we managed to reach the 100k milestone 💕

But I feel like MY writing did not give this book the justice it deserves. This is a FULL re-write and I will take my time writing and planning each part.

Please do not rush me into publishing a new chapter. I want to make sure it is perfect even if it takes me 1,000 times to do.

FAIR WARNING ✨ I do tend to unpublished and publish this book (chapters too) because of changes that needed to be made. So, if you do add this book to your library, I apologize for the spam in advance!

Love you all bunches!!

Synopsis

She puts her walls up.
He smashes them down.

He takes two steps forward.
She takes two steps back.

He holds on.
She lets go.

Life is a cruel joke.
But it's a cruel joke with him in it.

'Keep him at arm's length.'

It's difficult though when all he wants to do is wrap her up in his arms. Tell her his past, his faults, his secrets, and the dreams he holds dear. All of it.

The Captain of Gotham Academy's varsity squad is a recognized talent known throughout. Her beauty captivates any individual that lay eyes on her.

On the surface her life is simple and envied, however, if you were to keep diving you'll find an overwhelming darkness where the past of this cheerleader lies.

Richard Grayson, the adopted son of Bruce Wayne sits watching from afar. Not in 'awe' but in sadness that the one who is adored by all where's a fake smile to mask the pain, darkness, and guilt.

Like a fragile butterfly, she flies away afraid of being caught by man. Her wings are brittle, battered, and broken after the past she has run from for so long resurfaces to wreak havoc on the life she made for herself.

How far can she fly?

How much can this butterfly bear ... before ultimately drowning herself in the sea pain she holds for the ones around her.

Trigger Warnings
Butterfly Effect is rated Mature for the following:
  Violence, Gore, Psychological, Emotional & Physical Abuse, Anxiety, Depression, Alcoholism, Mentions of Assault, PTSD, Self-Harm, Suicide Mentions, Sexual Content & References, Crude Language, Eating Disorders.

  I will always place a ⚠️ at the beginning of each chapter that contains heavy content. Please tread carefully.

Young Justice Content Warning
Butterfly Effect takes place between season one & two of Young Justice.  Dick Grayson's age will be set to eighteen, not nineteen. I do plan to cover specific events of season two.

Credit
Dick Grayson and any other characters that belong to DC Comics are theirs and theirs alone.  Any characters that do NOT belong to DC Comics, are mine. Please do not go claiming these characters, backstories, and plot as your own.

Socials
Wattpad: RosellaWinters
A03: RosellaWinters