ACT III, Scene 4

"It's so hard being a man sometimes."

*laughs*

"It can't be that... hard"

*laughs*

"Don't go there!"

*laughs*

X plopped his head on the table while the monitor continued the canned laughter.

"I hate my life."

"We'll be back to Mr. Meteor just after these messages," the monitor responded.

X accessed the menu and shut off the broadstream. He stood up from the desk and crossed his arms. "I have to do something," X said to himself.

The blue clad reploid stormed off to his room's entryway. The doors buzzed in error.

-This doorway is not permitted to grant exit privileges to Mega Man X- the central computer declared.

"Oh, for cryin'..." X grumbled to himself. He could easily blast his way out of the doors, but that would also bring the security down hard on him. "Hey, hey, guys! Out there!"

The two guards on the opposite side of the door heard X's muffled pleadings. They looked to each other silently, wondering what they should do.

"Hey, hey, come on, guys, open the door. Guys? Come on, guys. I'm not gonna-"

The door shifted open. The reploid on the left with his plasma gun pointed leaned out from his position. He had on a red helmet and black and copper armor. "Yeeeeeees?"

X nervously said, "Er, hey, listen, could you guys do a favor for me?"

"Favors? Can we do favors?"

The reploid situated on the right, an exact replica, just shrugged.

"Should we look it up in the handbook?"

He shrugged again.

"Where is our handbook?"

He shrugged.

The talkative reploid started scouring the floor for where he might've left it. X poked his head out of the doorway to see what was going on.

"Just a second, there," the reploid snapped back to attention and held the barrel of his pistol under X's chin. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Whoa. Nowhere," X held up his hands defensively. "I just want to know if you guys can get Zero."

"'Get' Zero?" the copper reploid pulled back his gun and tapped his temple with it thoughtfully. "I don't think anyone could really 'get' Zero. Right?"

His partner shrugged.

He continued. "I mean, he's such a mystery. His origins, his past..."

"No, no, I don't mean understand him, I mean 'get him, like 'obtain' him."

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh... well, wait a minute, isn't kidnapping against the law?"

His partner shrugged.

"No, no," X said. "You don't need to kidnap him, just bring him here." X started making very pronounced hand motions to illustrate his message.

"Oh, I see, you want us to go and 'get' Zero so we can 'bring him here'."

"Right."

"Why? Is he under arrest too?"

His partner shrugged.