Part 28- Nari's Appa

- JB'S POV -

I stared at Nari's beautiful sleeping face. She was curled up next to me with her head on my chest. It kills me to see her sick like this. I pulled her closer to me and gently kissed her forehead. It wasn't as warm as before which was good.

I sighed and turned back to the movie. Her mom told me that she's been watching 'Spirited Away' nonstop since she got sick two days ago. I thought it was kind of cute. I soon got so zoned into the movie that I didn't even hear her mom come into the room.

"JB? What are you doing?" I jumped at her voice.

"Oh sorry. She wanted me to hold her because she was sick. I'll get up now." I started to untangle her arms from my waist.

"No no, it's okay. I trust you. It's weird seeing you guys like that. Her father use to hold her the same way when she was a kid." She grasped at the necklace that hung on her neck.

"He did?" I look over Nari again.

"Yeah. He treated both of us like his queens. Basically worshiped the ground we walked on." She had a distant look in her eyes.

"Where is he now? If you don't mind me asking."

She looked at me and smiled a sad smile,"He passed away during Nari's first year of high school. It's almost been four years now." Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. She never told us." My heart ached for the both of them.

"She doesn't like to talk about it. He was her everything. He was my everything." Clutched at her necklace tighter.

She wiped her tears away and smiled sincerely,"Anyways, enough of that. But while we're on this topic, If you hurt her I won't hesitate to hurt you back. Got that?"

"Yes. I would never hurt her though."

"I don't think you would but she's my only daughter. I have to do my best to protect her." She looked Nari over with tears in her eyes.

"I understand."

She turned to leave but stopped, "Plus if I find out you guys are having sex it'll be best for you if you move to a different country before I get my hands on you." She looked at me with a fierce fire in her eyes. Just like Nari.

"I won't try anything. I promise." She actually made me kind of scared.

"I'll hold you to that. If she wakes up call me and I'll bring her some food." She quietly clicked the door shut behind her.

'Note to self, never mess with Nari's mom.'

Soon after she closed the door I too fell asleep with Nari still wrapped in my arms.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

- NARI'S POV -

I woke up surrounded in darkness. The only light I had was from my tv that was still playing my favorite movie. I looked at the clock on my nightstand which read 7:30 pm. It was really dark for it to only be almost 8. Perks of it being winter time I guess. I sat staring at my tv zoning out trying to remember what I did before I fell asleep. I sighed as another wave a nausea hit me. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom where I proceeded to puke the little bit of food I ate for breakfast.

After brushing my teeth, I sat on the cold tile floor and looked out into my room. I saw JB sitting against my pillows in my bed looking back at me. Finally it clicked. JB really did come to my house to see me. And he cuddled with me. My heart started pounding. He looked so handsome. His hair was in a complete bed head style and he was holding my stuffed giraffe that my Dad gave me as a kid.

Tears welled in my eyes as I thought of him.

"What's wrong?" JB sat up concerned.

"I miss my Appa." Tears streamed down my face.

He pulled back the covers next to him, "Come here."

I stood up and climbed back into bed and burried my face into my pillow. I tried to hold back my tears, but before I knew it I started crying hysterically.

"Shhh. It's okay." JB petted my hair as I continued crying. Tears poured out like a flood and I started hyperventilating. My chest burned and my throat felt raw.

"It's okay, it'll be okay." JB said soothingly. Slowly my tears started drying up and I turned to look at him. He stared back at me.

"Sorry." I wiped my eyes.

"Don't be." He moved my hair out of my face, "Your mom told me what happened."

I closed my eyes remembering his warm face, "I just really miss him."

JB pulled me to his chest and hugged me tightly, "I know. I know."

"Thank you for being here."

- JB'S POV -

"Thank you for being here." My heart clenched. I felt really bad for ignoring her because of Jackson. It wasn't her fault. I didn't even know about her dad either. She had to carry this by herself for so long, on top of being bullied everyday. I placed my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Nari. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm sorry for not listening to you. I'm sorry about your Dad. I'm sorry you had to carry this by yourself. I promise you I will always be there for you, and I won't leave you. And most of all..." I paused and considered my next words carefully.

"I love you Nari."

It was silent. I waited for her reply as my heart pounded.

"Nari?" I pull her face back from my chest and see her sleeping peacefully. I chuckle and kiss her sleeping cheek. "Goodnight beautiful." I gently got up and tucked her in bed. I pick up my stuff and leave to go back to the dorm. I smile like an idiot the whole way home.