Chapter 4: There is Nothing Wrong with Me

"Hi." Henry said as you and the boys arrive at his home. "Hi." You and John said. "Come in, come in." Henry said. Sherlock walks in, wipes his feet on the doormat, and heads down the hallway with you behind him. John follows more slowly, stopping to look into a large high ceilinged sitting room before following Henry.

"This is, uh....Are you, um....rich?" John asked Henry.

"Yeah." replied Henry.

"Right." John stated as you and Sherlock throw him a dark look.

Henry takes you three to his kitchen and offers you three a drink. Sherlock puts two sugars lumps into his mug and stirs them in as he sits on a stool at the central island and you sit next to him, John sits next to you as Henry stands on the other side of the island.

"It's-it's a couple of words. It's what I keep seeing. Liberty." He said. John reaches into his pocket and pulls out his notebook and said. "Liberty."
"Liberty and in. It's just that." Henry said as he picks up a bottle of milk. "Are you finished?" He asked John. "Mmm." John replied.

Henry turns around to put up the milk up in the fridge as John turns to you and Sherlock. "Mean anything to you two?" He asked. "Liberty in death--isn't that the expression? The only true freedom." Sherlock said, softly, as John nods in agreement.

You smirk as you look over at Sherlock, who places his hand on your knee and you place you hand over his hand. Henry then turns back around to you three and asked. "What now, then?"

"Sherlock's got a plan." John said.

"Yes." said Sherlock.

"Right." Henry said.

"We take you back out onto the moor and see if anything attacks you." Sherlock said.

"What?!" You and John asked.

"That should bring things to a head." said Sherlock.

"At night? You want me to go out there at night?" Henry asked, nervously.

"That's your plan? Brilliant!" John said and then snorts laughter.

You think over this plan, it could be dangerous but you guys did need to know if this hound thing is real so even though it sounds mental it's the only plan you got. "Got any better ideas?" You asked John.

"That's not a plan." John replied.

"Listen, if there is a monster out there, John, there's only one thing to do: find out where it lives." Sherlock said as you and him look over at Henry and smile widely at him.

That night, you, Henry, Sherlock and John make your way to Dewer's Hollow. All four of you have flashlights to light the uneven ground below your feet. You and the three men reach the woods and it becomes even darker once you enter it. You and John were bringing up the rear when John suddenly turns to his right and starts to walk cautiously.

"John?" You asked in a whisper and you follow him.

"I heard something." John whispers to you. You follow John as he walks towards the sound he heard, he shines his light into the bushes as an owl shrieks overhead but he can see nothing.

You shake your head when you see a light repeatedly winking on and off at the top of a hillside a fair distance away. "John." You said and you turn around and see him shining his light in the direction where Sherlock and Henry were at but they are long gone. Great! You thought as John turns towards you and you point out the blinking light.

John pulls out his notebook out of his pocket and starts to write down the letters. "U....M....Q...R...A." He whispers and then the light stops flashing. "U, M, Q, R, A." You said in a whisper. "Umqra?" John asked. "Mean anything to you?" He asked, quietly.
"No. Doesn't sound familiar." You said, shaking your head. You and John look around in silence then you said. "Come on, John. We need to find Sherlock and Henry.