16|| It's his turn

The cold wind brushes his cheeks as he shivers in response. It's been a routine to eat lunch outside with his friends but that may come to a stop once winter sets in. Dismissing that fact, Hinata is always happy to get free lunch, especially if it is from Oboro. He can't get enough of the navy haired girl as her every glance seems to make his heart tickle his chest in excitement. However her attention is divided for his best friend, Takumi.

After missing for seven years Takumi popped into his life again and Hinata was glad he did. The boy was an important piece of his past, saving him from bullies, a great partner in kendo, and the best friend he could ask for. If anyone ask him what he thought Takumi could be he'll gallantly say 'a hero'. That was how much he admired the boy. Even now Takumi is Takumi in his eyes but he's welcoming the changes appearing in the friend.

For one, Takumi never spoke much about anyone nor express so much absentminded behavior in the past. It is a rare treat for both Hinata and Oboro to see him, the ever diligent, be in a good mood while wandering in his thoughts. Hinata also notice that Takumi look more well-rested and happier in a sense. Maybe it was because a certain someone he always see his friend with.

Hinata could tell that Oboro was on to Takumi and definitely knew the reason why. The courtyard that they are eating at is empty due to the cold. A perfect place to talk freely.

"So Takumi...," Oboro starts to catch Takumi's attention from his sandwich. "Did something good happen, aside from being able to resume practice at the kyudo club? You're humming."

Hinata could only smile at the blush covering his cheeks then keep smiling when Takumi retorts, "I was not humming. And nothing else happen."

Oboro raises an eyebrow at Takumi and Hinata, a partner on this side, pressures him with a teasing smirk, "Whatever you say ;)"

Takumi refuses again, "Really Hinata there is nothing else."

"It couldn't be," Oboro gasp suddenly and Hinata can see how startled Takumi is. It's been a while since he seen his friend make a panic expression. Oboro continues on from his reaction, "I was right. Something making you real happy."

"No, it's just good to go back to the bow." Takumi set his sandwich down and crosses his arms. A visible stance of power that could've work if it wasn't Oboro.

Hinata knows something is up since Takumi never does this unless cornered. Still, Oboro will have a word with him if he lets this rare opportunity to go, "That's impossible Takumi. You'll even practice in the mountains just to train."

The boy with amber eyes shakes in head in reply and explains, "Not this time, the captain refused to let me join until she said my hand was injury free."

Hinata who is in the kendo club knows the kyudo club's captain's reputation, as well as the sparking rumors of Takumi's entrance. Takumi really is awesome. Without holding back his excitement he asks, "Yeah what was that? I've been hearing the cool display of a 'transfer' student getting the famed Captain Setsuna's personal approval circulating around the sport clubs."

"Though it's well expected from one like Takumi to make a big impression," Oboro adds on. Takumi cheeks redden in embarrassment while he frowns and Hinata recognize what will come next.

"Come on its nothing that serious. Personally I think the Captain is a ditz. I mean once she walked into the shooting range to grab her arrows while everyone else was shooting." Takumi smoothly deflects their compliments and complain to purposely move to a different topic.

Oboro plays along but ask worriedly, "Did she get hurt?"

"No, actually she smirked and said it was a wonderful experience," Takumi looks dumbfounded before adding, "I can see why the club members always let her slack off or have her use the range alone."