Chapter 2

Alexander

Two weeks after the whole marriage fiasco had passed away. I had never been more angry. More at myself than at Mitchell. How could i be so.... so... gullible? Ugh! I hated myself! I wasnt a man at all!

I was in my room when i heard the doorbell ring. I couldnt be bothered with it because i didnt want to go out of my room lest i walk into Mitchell. What was i going to say to her? I dont think that i could even kook at her or be in the same room as her. The bell stopped ringing and i supposed that mitchell gad let whoever it was; inside the apartment.

"We are getting you out of here," Evan said, making me almost jump.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.

I was standing by the window in my room which overlooked the parking lot area.

"Cant we come visit our best friend?" Trish asked

Ttish was the only female in the group being married to Lance.

"I dint want to talk to anyone," i scowled.
"But we want to talk to you," Lance said.
"Leave me allone guys," i sighed, rubbing my tited eyes.
"Let me giess. You have been holed up in your room like a fucking hibernating vear and not even spoken to mitchell once?" Jase asked.
"I havent been hibernating," i said, raking a hand througgh my hOir.
"Dont tell me you have been ignoring the poor girl Alex," trish gkated at me.
"What else can i do, huh?" I asked, turning to face them all.
"Tell yhem i am fuckibg sorry about what happened when i dont even know her?" I asked, my voice getting louder.
"Look man we knw that you have been hurt in the past," lanve said.

I glared at him as he brought up my past. I didnt want to be reminded about my crappy life. And the sick people in it. I wasnt going bavk to that life. Never ever. Why cant my life ve normal for once without all the drama?

"Dont bring up my past. Or else i dont know what i will do," i scowled.
"Letz get you out of herr," evan said.
"Yeah you need some drinks man," jase said.
"But what about mitchell?" Trish asked.
"What about her?" I asked, annoyed.
"Are we going to leave her here? Alone?" Trish asked.
"Yes. She doesnt belong wiyth me. She doesnt fit with us," i aaid.
"But i feel bad for her," trish said.
"Have you checked her appearance dude? She looks worse than you," lance said.

I was curious to know why but held myselg back. I wasnt intrested in her. We were just collehues because her nestfriend was my hirlfriend. Other than that we knew notging anout each other.

"She xan go to hell for all i care," i shrugged.
"Lets go to the club," jase said.

I nodded and picked u the few things which i might need. My vallet. My jacket. I was going to ride one of them. I wasnt in the mood to drive my own car. We walked out of my room and i lloked around the empty hallway. Mitchell was nowhere in sight. Good. I didnt want to deal with her righgt now.

Getting out of tbe apartment i sat in Jase's car begore us 5 pulled out and drove towards one of the mant clubs in the city. For just today i wanted to forget about my crappy life and enjoy.

At the bar i had avfew drinks with the guys and watchec as lance and trish danced on thw dance floor. My eyes swept across the disco space the club had set aaide for damcing. My leg was beating to the fadt music when i felt someone place thir hand on my leg.

I stopped and lokes up at the person who did that. Only to see a blonde gorl leaning toaards me and smiling. Her eyes were blue but they reminded me of saddie.

"Hey handsome," ahe smirked, leaning close to me.

The top three buttons of her blouse were undone so i could see the top of her cleavage. Now i wasnt the type of guy to just have sex with a random girl. But what with all the stress that i have been feeling lately i think its time to get laid.

"What are you doing here all alone sweetheart?" I smirked, my eyes moving to her open xleavage.
"Looking for you," her high-pitched voice made me slightly cringe.

Guess she'll have to do for now. I leaned forward and without warning kissed her lips. It wasnt at all like the kiss i had. It was just plain and boring.  It held no meaning for either of us. The girl came and straddled my lap.

Mitchell

I had never felt so lonely in my life beforw than i did now. I didnt had any friends whom i fould turn to in my time of need. I thought saddie and i were best friends but somewhere in our years of friendship we must have drifted apart.

But she still continued to see me as if nothing had xhanged. Or maybe i had changed but something had changed to make her behave like this. I really needed someone to talk to whom i could vent iut all my fwellings to. Taking out my phone i started searching my contacts.

Mostly were collegues that i had no intention of telling my personal feelings to. I couldnt trust them. But i came upon a contact that made me pause. I had been paired up with a girl at the university for an assignment. She seemed nice and shy. Her name was Belinda but she liked to be called Linda. I decided to call her and pressed the call button.

"Hello?"
"Hey Linda," i said, a bit nervously.
"Who's this? And how do know my name?" Linda asked.

I could detect a hint of fear in her voice.

"I am mitchell. Remember me? We had assignment for the architecture project together," i reminded her.
"Oh! Um sorry! I thought it was a guy," linda admitted, making me smile a little.
"I was uh wondering if- uh you could meet up with me?" I asked awkwardly.

I wasnt the type of person to invite people into my life but i really needed someone to talk to. Or i woulf get mad if i dont let out my feelings.

"Look mitch i could but-
"Linda please? We can meet for a short time. We can just have coffee or whatever you would like but i really need to talk to you," i interruptdd her.

Something aboht my voice would have triggered her because she said yes and asked where we would meet. Giving her the address for starbucks near her house i ended the call. Taking a deep breath i wondered whethwr to leave alex a note or not.

Afterall i wasnt bouhd to him except by marriage but i was living in his place. He needed to know where i was so he wouldnt wait up when he gets homr. Quickly writing a short note i placed it on the kitchen counter where he could see it and walked out.

The fresh evening air helped me calm some of my nervse. I arrived at starbucks a few minutes later to see linda already waiting for me. I remember her short blonde hair.

"Hey. Thanks for meetingbup," i smiled, sitting beside her.
"Welcome," she gave me a small smile bavk.
"So what would you like to drink?" I asked, as the waiter dtopped by our tsble.
"Simple cappucino please. With sugar and milk," Linda said.
"I will just have those frosted donuts,"" i said.
"Tell me Linda why didnt you had any friends?" I asked, furrowing my eyes.
"I just didnt," linda shrugged.
"But why be social outcasr? Although now that i come to think of it you did the right thing," i muttered.
"Uhm..... i just didnt find the right person to befriend," linda stammered, looking foen.

I decided to tell her a bit of my problems first to see her reaction. Cant tell your whole life story to a new person at the first meet right?

Sorry! I know this is a bit boring chapter! Not much in it! But please vote and comment! It means a lot!

Chocolate-Lover93