Chapter 32

Mitchell

The day after i was in my office when a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in," i said, sitting up straight.

The door opened and i froze in my sear. It was alexs dad. What was he doing herw? What did he want?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I eant to talk to you," he said.
"Kook you already srirred up enough trouble. You made alexs upset and i am not ok with that," i said.
"I camme to sort things out. Not to make them worst," he said.
"You never came to see alex. Came to see how alex eas doing. Never thought about your son," i said.
"I got busy with the daily life," he said.
"These are all lame excises. Please leave. I dont want alex to see you here and become upset," i said.
"Please you are the only person who could make things right between me and alex," he said.
"Its your own fault actually. You never once xame to see alex. You never once gave support to alex," i said.
"Motchell i-

Alex paused in his sentence and looked at his dad. His whole body posture changed and his jaw clenched tightly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alex seethed.
"Aled i-
"Dont say my name with your tongue. Why are you harrassing my wife?" Akex asked.
"Alex please," i said, standing up from my chair.
"No mitchell let him take his anger out," his sad said.
"I am giving you 2 minutes to leave before i xall security," alex said.

Alex dad glanced between the two of us and i sucked in a breath. I felt bad for him. His only son was refusing to listen to him. But it was his fault entirely though. If he gave alex the thing he needed; that was being a father things wouldn't have gone this far.

"You know i just want to make amends with my only son," he said.
"I gave you enough time for that," alex said.
"Son please-
"Dont call me your son," alex snspped.

I got up off my chair and walked over to him. I placed a comforting hand on his arm to make him calm. I didnt want alex to have a fight in his office and ruin his reputation.

"Look mr. Calahar. Right now this usnt the time nor the place to bring up personal matters. This is alex work place and you need to leave," i told him.

Aleexs dad opened his mouth to say something but was cut of vy alexs phone ringing.

"Hey mom," alex said tensely.
▪▪▪
"You arent going to believe who showed up," alex said.
▪▪▪
"Why dont you talk to him yourself?" Alex asked.

He looked at his dad before handing over the phone to him.

"Elaine," alexs dad said, sounding a biy shocked.
▪▪▪
"Hes my son Elaine!" He wxclaimed, raising his voice a bit.

I glanced ar the door nervously hoping no one walk in.

"Oh yeah? And you tell me whos fault it was huh?" He snapped.

"Mr xalahar please leave. You are making a scene at our professional plave," i spoke up.
"Dont you have any manners mot to interrupt adults?" He snarled.

Ales grabbed his phone out of his dads grip and said, "mom i will call you later."

Looking at his dad alex said,"leave before i call the security and get you kicked out."

His dad looked at the both of us before pushing past us and slamming the door behind him on the way out.

Alex

"Are you all right?"  I heard mitcgell ask.

Ignoring her question i sat down in one of the chairs snd placed my head in my hand.

"Why does he want to make amends now?" I asked, more to myself than to mitchell.
"Dont stress out alex," mirchell said.

I looked up to see her sitting beside me on the floor with her head on my knees.

"Why? After all these years he finally decided to see his son that he abondaned?" I asked.

Mutchell took both my hands in hers and started kneading my muscles. Massaging never felt so good before.

"You know you have a lot of talent," i told her slightly smirking.
"I know that doofus. Afterall i am artistic," mitchell said with a teasing smile.

Leaning down to her level i whispered, "care to tell me what else those artistic fingers of yours can do?"

I leaned back inthe chair as mitcgell blushed a bright shade of red.

"Alex we are in the office. Someone might come in," she said.
"Just a quickie," i said, raising my eyebrow.

Mitchell slapped my arm making me laugh. Leaning towarss her i placed a soft loving kiss on her lips. She was the best thing to happen to me out of all this scenario.

"Why dont we call your friends over to our place?" Mitchell asked.
"Whatever for?" I asked.
"Its been a long time since you have seen them. Its not nice to ignore uour friends," she said.
"You know i feel very licky though," i said.
"Why?" She asked.
"I got stuck with you and i couldnt be more happier," i said, smiling slightly.
"So you dont regret being with me?" Sge asked.
"No," i said, speakijg the truth while looking into her eyes.

Mitchell suddenly got up and pulling me up along with her pulled me into a tight hug.

"Whats this for?" I laughed
"I just needed a hug," she said.
"Why dont we go out to dinner? Just the two of us?" I asked, pulling away from the hyg.
"All right mister charmer. Lets go to dinner toniggt," she said, making me smile.

Finally getting out of her office i walked down to mine and got down to work. At five pm, both of us walked out of tge office building. We were going home first to get changed before going out to dinner.

"What should i wear?" Mitchell asked.
"You look beautiful in everything," i said.
"Come on alex," she laughed.
"Wear something comfortablr. I am not in the mood for formal," i said.

Life was getting way better. If it wasnt for my biological dad butting in to ruin my life.

Here's another quick update! Please leave a feedback! :)

Chocolate-Lover93