The Kissing Booth Dare

Before i go too far, i just want to see what responce i get towards this story.

---

Laughter was a killer. I ached all over but I couldn’t stop, none of us could. There was popcorn all over the floor, pillows scattered around and we were all going to be zombies by the morning. Well what was left of the morning.

“OMG we almost forgot truth and dare,” Kasey squealed as she got slapped in the face by a pillow, her mousy brown hair flying around in a mess.  I took a quick breather before joining the others in the circle. We all smiled as Erin took out the metal case, locked by five different padlocks.

“Got the keys?” she laughed knowing full well we did. One by one we unlocked our padlock and opened it to find a slightly tatty book, filled our victories and failures as well as our deepest darkest secrets. We knew so much embarrassing stuff about each other that if one of us so much as spoke a word contained in that book, we’ve practically doom ourselves. We like to keep those things under lock and key…literally.

“I’ll go get a bottle,” Bec smiled jumping up scavenging for the ‘lemonade’ bottle we guzzled earlier.

“Are we only going to do one round?” Sam asked flicking her shiny blonde hair back. She wasn’t the brightest spark but definitely my best friend.

“It’s about two thirty, I think one round is best,” I replied looking at my phone as I leaned back against the couch and waiting for Bec’s return.  Tossing my phone aside i played with my lip piercing. I honestly had no intentions of getting one, but a couple months ago that was the dare I received and at the time the punishment was way worst that getting a little hole in my lip.

“Found It!” Bec called out skipping over to join us. “I’ll spin first since you were all slack and didn’t help. She clasped her polished fingers around the bottle, and with an elegant twist of her hand she released the bottle. I watched as the shiny glass reflected the kitchen lights slowly slowing down before it stopped on Sam.  “Truth or Dare,” Bec questioned. Sam returned a smirk before crossing her arms.

“Dare,” she said squinting a challenge back. Bec smiled wickedly before returning back to the kitchen. We heard a series of clatter, splatter and dripping sounds emanating from the kitchen.

“Um Bec what are you doing in my kitchen?” Kasey asked worried getting up and disappeared around the corner. “Oh that’s so cruel, awesome,” we heard Kasey call. “Oh here, put some of this in there as well,” we heard her laugh.

“Sounds like you’re in trouble,” giggled Erin eyeing off the once confident Sam. Soon Bec and Kasey returned with something behind their back.

“Firstly I think we should make our penalty for failing a dare.” Kasey announced taking her seat again.

“Fine, let’s say…Mr Hutchings room for an entire lunch,” Sam grinned. I felt a shiver down my spine, I turned to see if my face matched the others. It did. Mr Hutchings was commonly known by the girls at school as Mr Touching, for good reason to. To keep it simple, he was an old fart that enjoyed the sights of teenage girls. God only knows how he managed to get his blue card. There were plenty of rumours, many of which I could agree to.

“Very well,” Bec continued turning back to Sam. “I have made you a wonderful concoction, here you are.” As she passed it across the circle, I felt like I had been kicked it the head, simply by the smell. Sam’s smile had withered away to a very pale shade of white.

“What’s in it?” she asked unsure if she really wanted to know.

“I can’t remember them all, but they are all technically edible by themselves, bottoms up,” Bec insisted. We all stared at Sam as she held the little shot glass in her trembling hand. Pinching her nose she tossed the curdling gunk down her throat. Her eyes squeezed together in pain. Then there was the roll in her throat and she lowered her glass. Covering her mouth she remained silent for about a minute before she turned to us giving us a reassuring nod. Another minute later and she was spinning the bottle and it landed on Bec.

“Ooh the tables have turned,” Kasey teased, before getting another pillow to the face.

“Truth,” Bec replied ignoring Kasey.

“Why do you hate me?” Sam coughed, through her now husky voice.

“You always forget to cover your mouth when you sneeze, it’s disgusting. You’re like a sprinkler when it happens” Bec answered handing me the bottle. “Here I already had my turn,” she explained. I smiled and gave the bottle a good spin making sure it would land on my victim. It did…Kasey.

“Truth or Dare?” I asked completely innocently.

“I’ll go with dare,” she smiled. I knew she would, I reached over to my sleeping bag and pulled out a little box.

“I want to dye you hair,” I smiled tossing her the little box to show her.

“Pink! Are you kidding?” the others burst in laughter accidently knocking over a bowl of cheezels.

“It’s that or Mr Touching,” I threatened, watching her look at the little box with the freakishly perfect model. “Don’t worry it’s a wash out but it’ll still be a few weeks before the colour will be fully out.”  She pegged the box back in a fit.

“Fine, see if I care! Let me quickly take a photo before you destroy this one of a kind,” she motioned to her face, grabbing my phone as it was the nearest on hand, and took like about dozen selfies. I rolled my eyes. Shssh I almost forgot how melodramatic Kasey could be.  We all got in with our rubber gloves and dyed her hair. “Does it look ok?” she asked still in tears.

“Oh stop being such a pussy, it’s going to be fine, I’m sure Jeremy will still love you, you barbie,” I smiled.

“Yeah, honestly who wouldn’t love a girl in pink?” Erin smiled. “Pink is the colour of sweet love it means you are insightful, showing tenderness and kindness with empathy and sensitivity,” Erin explained being the artsy person she is. Erin was by far the nicest of the five of us, and always knew exactly what to say.

There was a click at the door and all our heads bolted up to see a horde of boys walk through.

“Are they real or is it just my head that’s spinning?” Sam asked looking green as we all turned.

“OMG, Daniel get out!” Kasey screamed at her twin.

“Woah sis, what happened to your hair? It’s pink!” He exclaimed, making Kasey burst into another round of tears. I flung a pillow at him copping him good across the face.

“Good on ya sis, smash my mate before I leave,” my old brother grinned clamping me around the neck the way he always did. My brother like my other two, was about to start college and would be studying abroad. “Hey, make sure Callie gets a dare,” he dug his knuckles into my head before I elbowed him in the guts. “Brutal much?” He wheezed.

“Just the way you taught me,” I said returning to Kasey’s side and helped Erin and Bec get an even coverage on Kasey’s hair, who by the way still had watery eyes.

“Get out already!,” Kasey yelled tossing aimlessly another pillow.

“See what we get for sisters,” Daniel sighed to the other nameless guys. I took a quick glance at them. “Just don’t kill each other with your silly truth and dare game,” he grabbed a six pack of beer and tossed it to a guy with a red shirt on. “See ya,” he waved.

“I pick truth,” Erin volunteered while we washed Kasey’s hair out in the bathtub.

“Which guy out of my brother’s friends did you find hot?” Kasey asked finally calming down.

“Quite frankly I didn’t pay much attention, meaning they weren’t worth the time to look, so probably…I don’t know Callie’s brother,” she shrugged.

“Eww come on, really?” I said scrunching up my nose.

“It’s my turn now, and yours is a dare,” Erin smiled wickedly. It was so unlike her that I suddenly felt a wave of anxiety. This can’t be good.